Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Glider

On 22 Nov 2013 at 2:24pm sceptic wrote:
Driving from Ringmer to Lewes this afternoon I noticed a glider had made an emergency landing in a field on the left just before earwig corner. Luckily the pilot was standing outside the aircraft waiting for help. Good job the field was there.

On 22 Nov 2013 at 4:53pm Paulus wrote:
I wondered where he landed. I live down there and was watching him getting lower and lower. No thermals around this time of year to get him back to Ringmer.

On 22 Nov 2013 at 4:57pm SHS wrote:
So that's why Gortex is so expensive....

On 22 Nov 2013 at 7:55pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
How does one get a glider back home in that situation, I wonder? Bit big to fit on a road vehicle.

On 22 Nov 2013 at 9:03pm Paulus wrote:
In one of these...

Check it out here »

On 22 Nov 2013 at 9:23pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
Ah. So the wings come off. Fair enough!
I have one experience of flying in a glider, and it was about 20 years ago. We had a winch launch. We gained no altitude at all, so did a circuit and landed again within minutes.
Glad to hear there is a Plan B.

On 22 Nov 2013 at 9:37pm cheesecake wrote:
Was this why there wads huge traffic jam all the way through town this afternoon & early eve. ,?

On 22 Nov 2013 at 9:51pm cuilfail wrote:
The huge traffic jam was as a result of a cyclist lying in the road at Earwig Corner. He/she was there being looked after by paramedics and police for a long time.

On 24 Nov 2013 at 2:08pm gaynor gould wrote:
One of the 'joys' of gliding is a field landing - they happen from time to time. Gliders come apart and are trailered back to the airfield - usually a round of drinks or two is the traditional penalty for getting it wrong. More usually caused by hitting 'sink' rather than not finding 'lift'...

On 24 Nov 2013 at 8:02pm Peter pan wrote:
All a bit Thomas Crown Affair, one of my favourite movies
A game of chess perhaps Gaynor

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Station Lewes 110:132
Station Lewes

Hi, I would like to add an event but the system won't let me. Please help! Maia Eden more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams