Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Glaziers

On 19 Jul 2010 at 8:40am Dumpy wrote:
Can anybody recommend a good glaziers in Lewes? I managed to crack a large pain of glass in our sunroom over the weekend (hit it with the shears whilst gardening!) and nead somebody reliable and cheap to replace it for me.

On 19 Jul 2010 at 9:18am cheeky wrote:
Will Timlin is excellent, very reliable and nice chap too. Tel 01273 471129

On 19 Jul 2010 at 9:20am Lewes Trader wrote:
Putting the word 'cheap' in your post probably sums you up.
You can have 'quality' and you can have 'cheap', but you can't have both. So what do you want?

On 19 Jul 2010 at 9:40am Trading Standards wrote:
What a load of crap! Of course you can have both. Two different traders can charge completely different prices for excactly the same service/goods. The lower one is cheap, the higher one is expensive (ie. the same string being sold in Bunces or Wickle) Maybe you would understand better if Dumpy had said he/she doesn't want anyone overpriced.

On 19 Jul 2010 at 12:13pm Dumpy wrote:
I agree with you up to a point LT - I wouldn't be looking for 'cheap' if I was having an extension built, my house decorated or a garden fence put up. What I'm looking for however is to have a large pane of glass replaced. The only 'quality' that I'm after is that it dosn't leak or fall out again.

On 19 Jul 2010 at 7:56pm Numty wrote:
If it's that easy do it yourself.

On 19 Jul 2010 at 8:41pm Dumpy wrote:
Tell you what, forget it - I'll google it and see what comes up. I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question, but obviously not.

On 24 Jul 2010 at 6:49pm self wrote:
dumpy, this forum like all forums is full of unhelpful grumpy trolls

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Baxters Print Works Lewes 8:132
Baxters Print Works Lewes

I recently ran into a bit of a dilemma at my shop and thought my experience might be helpful for anyone in a similar situation.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy