Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Getting to hospital

On 14 Aug 2012 at 10:06am Nervous patient wrote:
I have a mid afternoon appointment soon at the Royal Princess Hospital Haywards Heath
My questions are...how bad is the parking? how long to queue for a place? anywhere to park outside the hospital? take the train instead?
Thanks v much......
On 14 Aug 2012 at 10:26am king cnut wrote:
pay & display so you should be ok.

On 14 Aug 2012 at 10:48am drone wrote:
Do not take the train. It is a long way from the station to the PRH

On 14 Aug 2012 at 10:57am Allway Zill wrote:
I drive every time. Never had a parking problem

On 14 Aug 2012 at 12:24pm Clifford wrote:
I got the 166 bus when I had to go there.

Check it out here »

On 14 Aug 2012 at 1:23pm sjep76 wrote:
There are several roads around the hospital which you can park in if the car parks are full, but I've never had a problem with parking myself

On 14 Aug 2012 at 2:19pm Ducatipete wrote:
Easy. Go into one of the parking areas and on the way in you collect a ticket. Have your appointment and on the way out put your ticket in the machine in the entrance lobby and it tells you how much to pay. Put your money in and it returns your ticket. Go to your car and drive to the auto barrier insert your ticket and then find your way out. Good idea to take some change. Bingo and good luck.
On 14 Aug 2012 at 2:25pm Nervous patient wrote:
Ducatipete....is that supposed to be funny? Sorry but it was not, but I guess having a 2 week referral for suspected cancer has dampened my humour
On 14 Aug 2012 at 2:56pm Southover Queen wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Nervous Patient.

I hope someone's going with you, and will be doing the driving. One less thing for you to worry about.

No wonder you're nervous, and the very best of luck.

On 14 Aug 2012 at 3:51pm Ducatipete wrote:
Nervous Patient what I posted was to try and help. I had no idea it was going to offend. I was not aware of your condition and can only wish you all the best.

On 14 Aug 2012 at 4:25pm Clifford wrote:
Nervous patient - I hope it goes well, as I'm sure everyone else on here does.

On 14 Aug 2012 at 9:33pm Decent Citizen wrote:
You can get train and just round corner is a free hospital bus.Good luck
On 14 Aug 2012 at 10:02pm Petitepois wrote:
Im sure that Ducatipete wasnt being nasty...thats the only problem with electronic writing...you cant tell the manner its being written in!!
Just be glad you dont have to go to the Royal Sussex as the parking is a nightmare...and i work there!!!
Hope all goes well for you.

On 15 Aug 2012 at 7:38am Sussex Jim wrote:
Parking is not a problem at Haywards Heath, but even disabled drivers have to pay. For Casualty, when our excellent minor injuries unit at Lewes is closed, I would go there- or to Uckfield where parking is free.
Anywhere but Brighton- the last resort!

On 15 Aug 2012 at 8:21am Nervous Patient wrote:
Thanks folks...no prob Ducatipete....just me being over sensitive...car it is then!

On 15 Aug 2012 at 1:59pm Old Cynic wrote:
No problem parking - much better than at the cancer centre at Brighton - don't be scared - Ive been there (done that, got the tee-shirt) that staff are great, the medical team first rate - hope all goes well

On 16 Aug 2012 at 8:35pm Ducatipete wrote:
Keep us posted and good luck. Pete

20 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery Lewes 39:132
Harveys Brewery Lewes

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare