Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Getting home from work!

On 4 Nov 2008 at 10:29pm homebody wrote:
I work in the centre of Lewes and park near the fire station. What time do I need to leave work tomorrow in order to get my car out of the carpark and home before the roads are closed please?

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:14pm Lysdexic wrote:
If you head towards the tunnel, you should be ok up to around 17:30, but don't leave it much later.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:15pm Smiler wrote:
You can leave at 5 it should be fine then.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:16pm aid wrote:
Unless the carpark states a time when you arrive tomorrow, i would say 4pm would be a good time to get out of Lewes as it will be busy.

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:16pm Smiler wrote:
Jinx

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:24pm me wrote:
personally i would fake illness and leave around midday. punters start arriving then.

On 5 Nov 2008 at 12:28am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I would be back in Lewes by 4pm

On 5 Nov 2008 at 6:58am Enoch wrote:
The road closures start at 5pm and if you are trying to leave Lewes via Offham Commercials first procession starts at 5:10pm. I would therefore suggest you leave at 4:30.

On 5 Nov 2008 at 11:46am Geoff wrote:
Last year, over enthusiastic policing, that did not have any information on procession routes, or street names were stopping cars coming in to town via Elephant and Castle at 5. if you get caught in this, you can quickly double back, and get through to the rest of the town via the Avenue, and St Annes Hill.
it would be nice for a change, if the police publicised more greatly when they intend to start their lock-down, as those of us who live in the town, end up caught in it, by traffic jams of visitors who have no idea what is going on.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Lansdown Penny 117:132
The Lansdown Penny

And yet lewes still want to open a homeless night shelter good luck is all i can say more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde