3 Manchester
4 Blackpool
5 Bournemouth
6 Cambridge
7 Nottingham
8 Bristol
9 Oxford
10 LEWES
It hasn't even got a gay Pub/Bar or even a beautiful Laundrette, come to think of it, Could that be linked !
On 26 May 2015 at 9:42am Thomas Jerome Newton wrote:
Isn't that an article from 11 years ago tho?
On 26 May 2015 at 10:21am Ghjfj wrote:
i suspect it's the district, not the town. I'd imagine most gay people in lewes are older more settled people who have moved out of Brighton. Thus the lack of a scene. Plus Brighton is on the doorstep.
On 26 May 2015 at 11:25am Doreen wrote:
My husband has always said there are some lovely cottages in the area.
On 26 May 2015 at 11:39am cassis wrote:
although I believe this article or the facts are based on out of date of facts , there are a lot of same sex couples and families living in lewes both more mature and also youngest who enjoy the local pubs but also go off to the city for nights out just like the rest of the community, it is one of blessing of living so close to the city having a rural area to live in and urban place to visit when the urge arises. one query why would one need gay pubs and clubs if everyone is welcoming and respectful in the pub around the town,
On 26 May 2015 at 11:52am Mr numbers wrote:
I take its a % rather than total numbers .
On 26 May 2015 at 12:10pm bastian wrote:
When we no longer speak of gay, women, ethinic rights, we will actually have equality.
When we can actually look at a town and say, it has people living in it, not a % breakdown of what sort of people, we will have equality.
When the ruling elite of white posh men are abolihsed from power and the chain is broken, we will have euqality-but not until.
On 26 May 2015 at 2:02pm Raspberry Ripple wrote:
What about us. Do any of you give Atos? Abolihsed , Euqality LOL @ the spelling and also the prospect of it happening. There is more chance of the Uckfield rail link running.
On 26 May 2015 at 2:30pm xplorer1 wrote:
bastian, I agree with the sentiment, but society is always changing and there'll always be something that is controversial, new and polarising. No one talks about women's right to vote any more, nor about the right to universal education, or the need to abolish slavery, but at their various times they were hotly debated.
Our current round of hot topics will become fully integrated in the not-too-distant future and new ones will emerge to take their place in the headlines and forums of tomorrow.
Equality can have many criteria, and different criteria over time.
On 26 May 2015 at 2:43pm bastian wrote:
It's a chicken and egg thing isn't it, the normal versus the rest-until no one questions what is normal this will always happen.
On 26 May 2015 at 3:22pm Mr Brown wrote:
It can not be right for a man to ram his bite into a waste disposal unit.
On 26 May 2015 at 4:15pm Hugh Jarection wrote:
Shut that door, then come on, chase me up the back passage !!!
On 26 May 2015 at 4:23pm In sink erator wrote:
Speak up Brown, you're through. You need a bite in your ear to put some sense into you.
On 26 May 2015 at 4:26pm Hugh, The god of pipe wrote:
Passage
On 26 May 2015 at 5:17pm mr brown wrote:
why
On 26 May 2015 at 5:38pm mr green wrote:
why not
On 26 May 2015 at 5:41pm mr browm wrote:
So it is wrong to go up the waste disposal unit

On 26 May 2015 at 6:31pm Feline Fine wrote:
Definitely not. It makes a very pleasant change.
On 26 May 2015 at 6:42pm Mr brown wrote:
OK just going to stick my old thing in the dustbin . lots of waste there looking forward to it
On 26 May 2015 at 6:46pm Feline Fine wrote:
Oooh, you are cheeky Mr Brown.
On 26 May 2015 at 7:52pm Old Bloke wrote:
Sounds like it's all hands to the pump and backs to the wall
On 26 May 2015 at 9:57pm Auntie Aviator wrote:
Whoops. I appear to have stumbled into a bad 1970s sitcom.
Perhaps not. At least some of the jokes were funny.
On 27 May 2015 at 8:58am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Lewes has a higher than average Lesbian population and it has apparently become known as one of THE places to live for gay couples. I'd imagine that if you're an individual who isn't naturally hedonistic and just wants to settle down with your same-sex partner, Lewes offers a more sedate alternative to Brighton.
On 27 May 2015 at 9:56am Localbod wrote:
I would like to know how anyone comes up with these figures. Do they go round with a 'gay scanner'? The kind of article that is actually quite irritating for gay people wondering why anyone cares.
On 27 May 2015 at 10:18am Clifford wrote:
I have always jumped feet first into the gay community in Lewes, such a friendly lot.

On 27 May 2015 at 11:02am David Mellor wrote:
Feet first, a man after my own heart !
On 27 May 2015 at 2:50pm Localbod wrote:
'Gay Community' , whatever that is supposed to mean.
On 27 May 2015 at 3:43pm mr brown wrote:
one up the dirt box not right
On 27 May 2015 at 5:49pm Hugh Jarection wrote:
I love digging in the dirt box, my missus says it's naughty, but nice !!!
On 28 May 2015 at 7:45am To Hugh wrote:
Playing in the sandpit morelike. With a limp worm
On 28 May 2015 at 9:14am To Earl wrote:
I think you must have misread, Lewes has a high Thespian population.
On 28 May 2015 at 10:40am Benny Hill's Ghost wrote:
Ooh, I thought the Earl meant to say that Lewes had a higher than average Lebanese population... a pair of Lebanese girls moved in round the corner from us, but they don't look very "middle-eastern" in origin...
@ Mr Brown - if you are having still struggling with your dirtbox I hear that there are many locals with experience of uphill gardening......
On 28 May 2015 at 10:35pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
There are an awful lot of thespians in Lewes. Localbod is right about how we can quantify the number of gay people in Lewes (why should we even want to?). Not all lesbian couples walk around town with one of them looking like Harry Potter, or Pat Butcher.

On 29 May 2015 at 3:09pm Hay Nonnie Mouse wrote:
Show me a heterosexual pub and tell me this makes Lewes a heterosexual town! Nobody cares about sexuality anymore. You don't need a gay bar to be sexually accepting. You get bars run by gay people or straight people, you get gay employees, you get straight employees,You get gay and straight patrons, you can meet a gay person in Lewes, you can meet a straight person, this is what equality looks like. People talk a lot of nonsense. I don't announce my sexuality to everyone I meet because I don't need to, and I wouldn't expect that others would need to either anymore. Yes, there was a time when gay people needed to be out and proud but hopefully this has passed,it is definately passed in in Lewes and Brighton , that said, I do know places in this country where it is still difficult as I come from the North, where sadly, it's still a bit of a novelty to some. There is a gay community in Lewes, as there is in most towns and cities, but they don't don't need to jump up and down and wave a rainbow flag for it to exist. I cant understand why we need to tot up people on the basis of their sexuality.

3 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes at night 57:132
Lewes at night

Tom. I share your instinctive feeling that there has been an over reaction to covid as for most people it really isn't serious.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina
Brighton Jobs