Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Gas bills

On 24 Sep 2010 at 12:52pm Jude wrote:
Anyone else receiving horrendous gas bills ? We've just had one from Brit Gas for £75 for the summer months and they've predicted our next year's bill as over £750 - ie £75 quid A MONTH ! I know gas prices have gone up, but this seems really expensive.
Can anyone recommend another supplier or give us a comparison so we know if we are being overcharged ? We live in a smallish 3-bed bungalow.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 2:11pm Tight wrote:
EON. Dual fuel internet monthly direct debit £37 for gas, and £37 for electricity.
But there may be better deals now, go through moneysaving supermarket.com or go compare etc.
Good luck.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 2:30pm Meadow wrote:
£75 sounds cheap!! NPower tried to increase our direct debits to £350 a month, dual fuel.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 3:15pm Get Real wrote:
£75 for three months gas? Mine was £138.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 4:34pm Taff04 wrote:
If that's £75 a quarter, then that's cheap by anyone's standard. I used to be with BG and had gas and electricty with them, I paid £61 a month for both. I've now switched (via Uswitch website) to Scottish Power, and I pay £48 a month for both, and I received £50 from Uswitch for switching !!! Pays to shop around....

On 24 Sep 2010 at 4:47pm Clifford wrote:
The beauty of a competitive fuel industry - you send half your life running round from firm to firm trying to find one that's a couple of quid cheaper. Then they put their prices up and it all starts again.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 4:58pm Scrooge wrote:
I have no gas in use, but I do have a meter. I get sent a bill for £0.00, and they would now like me to pay that by Direct Debit.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 7:07pm Tight wrote:
Sorry folks, that's 75 a month, so 225 a quarter for gas and electricity I think. Sounds like there are better deals out there, so shop around Jude. Think I will... Loving the Direct Debit for 0.00!
PS. Maybe send them a fresh meter reading.

On 24 Sep 2010 at 10:30pm Jude wrote:
Thanks for your input. I've found the energyhelpline.com which has already found npower will save us £221 per year and E-on £218 !

On 24 Sep 2010 at 11:21pm Tight wrote:
Beware Npower's customer service - not great.

On 27 Sep 2010 at 7:58pm Peter Byron wrote:
My PA pays my gas bills and assures me that it would be cheaper if I ate more organic beans - if you get my drift. Peter B

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Boroughs tableau 2015 12:132
Boroughs tableau 2015

How come the "Last Post" doesn't show up on the forum page? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell