Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Friday Night

On 12 Aug 2011 at 3:23pm DFL wrote:
Off out to Blighttown this evening, going to try the Coach House in Middle Street - hope it's good !!

On 12 Aug 2011 at 3:49pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Enjoy DFL,let us know. Brighton was my stomping ground in the sixties. Just an aside. I was a regular at the Swan in Lewes. Not been back since two days before John died. Have to say,not bad,food was good and plentiful.Menu was limited but,we survived.

On 12 Aug 2011 at 3:52pm Rods Tiger wrote:
Will be interested to hear how it goes DFL, we'vegot a table booked there for a birthday on Tuesday.

On 12 Aug 2011 at 10:26pm mr Bottom wrote:
Best to keep away from brighton saturday

On 13 Aug 2011 at 8:42am DFL wrote:
Well, it was very good. I had seared chicken livers for starters and a rib eye for main, and the boss (aka wife) had pan fried scallops followed by salmon and sea bream. I like my steak medium rare and that's just how it came, perfect, and very tender. We had a glass of cab sauv each to start, and I had a glass of grenach syrah with my steak. All in all it came to £63 including 10% service charge. Very, very pleased. Good atmosphere as well - We shall go again !!

On 13 Aug 2011 at 12:07pm Decent Citizen wrote:
Glad to hear you had a good evening out.May well go myself on your recommendation. Always good to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak. Thank you.

On 13 Aug 2011 at 11:39pm AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
Sounds good, will give it a try next time I am down there...now I feel really hungry, can almost taste the scallops and the steak!!!!

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Snowdrop Stairs 105:132
Snowdrop Stairs

Just following some threads from 2009 and many names mentioned there jumped out at me as being my teachers. I was, however,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington