Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Freesat issues

On 5 Oct 2012 at 6:43pm Max wrote:
Hi, I was wondering of anyone else ha had freesat issues this week? It was fine before but now says no signal on all channels!

On 5 Oct 2012 at 6:47pm Maybe Maybe NOT wrote:
Hi the same thing happened to me and it was a cable problem. Check the cables going into your tv and receiver first - if the problem isn't a loose cable, then it might be that water has got into the outside bits - like mine!! Give Danny a call at NuDigital 01273 480353 - he sorted mine out and it didn't cost the earth.

On 5 Oct 2012 at 7:34pm Andrew wrote:
Always worth turning your box off and then on again.

On 5 Oct 2012 at 7:43pm Southover Queen wrote:
I've been getting intermittent reception problems, but that's common in poor/rainy/cloudy weather. Nothing more than a bit of pixellation occasionally though.

It does sound as if the cable and your receiver have come adrift somehow. I have a gizmo under the stairs which connects the dish to about six outlets and if you knock one of them you'll get a "no signal" warning. Check all your connections and if everything seems to be in place call the engineer who installed your system (after switching it off and on again, natch)

On 5 Oct 2012 at 8:25pm DrDolittle wrote:
I haven't had any problems. Maybe the dish has been blown out of alignment by the wind. It only needs to move a few mm and it stops working. Easy to realign yourself with a compass and a bit of patience.

On 6 Oct 2012 at 4:08pm The Original Interested. wrote:
I get the occasional 'No signal'.
I do a scan and it normally sorts it.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station View 82:132
Lewes Station View

She’s going to have to get there early and park on the outskirts
And still pee off the local residents
There’s no cheap... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams