Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Freeloaders in Leisure Centre car park

On 27 Mar 2017 at 7:31pm Angry wrote:
When are these low lifes going to get moved on? The selfish scumbags are taking up loads of parking spaces. What gives them the right to think they can park their vans where they like? Do they pay council tax??
On 27 Mar 2017 at 7:39pm hosenweis wrote:
We had a group of gyppos in newhaven that did exactly the same thing. Send them back
On 27 Mar 2017 at 8:02pm Ian wrote:
If the law-abiding public parked like that the "parking police" would be onto us within minutes. Get 'em towed away NOW.
On 27 Mar 2017 at 9:22pm Get em wrote:
Just a thought..someone might like to parallel park next to their vans so they cant get in or out of them.
I hate them
On 27 Mar 2017 at 9:24pm Hyacinthe Bucket wrote:
The trouble is with people of this ilk, is that they start screaming "Human rights" when they are asked to move on.
If other people not of the Travelling community did this, they would be fined and asked to vacate said area.
In short, sooner they are gone the better!
On 27 Mar 2017 at 9:27pm Billie wrote:
Remember, they are human just like anyone else.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 12:52am Billy Bigot wrote:
In my experience these so called travellers have penthouses in Docklands, drive Rollers and bathe in asses milk.They should all be torn limb from limb by pteradactyls or drowned in vinegar.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 7:29am Love the world wrote:
I agree they are human, we should rejoice in the diversity of people. Build bridges, make friends not enemies. Everyone has the love within themselves to hug a white van driver.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 7:55am Guy boy wrote:
Kiss my back side .
On 28 Mar 2017 at 8:19am Parking panic wrote:
One of the Gym members got shouted at yesterday for parking in front of one of their caravans. Not sure what they expect if they choose to live in a car park.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 8:40am Jack wrote:
They are a bunch of tossers. How to they afford such expensive vans when they don't work? How dare they have a go at someone who pays to park there. Diversity of people my @rse.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 8:56am Bobbie wrote:
What has happened to all the Peace, Love and Understanding that normally dominates this forum? or is it a case of NIMBYism?
On 28 Mar 2017 at 9:30am 2 way street wrote:
Like the peace, love and understanding the travellers show the rest of us when they obstruct access to public amenities and private property? Not to mention the wave of crime, waste and destruction they leave in their wake.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 9:49am bobobob wrote:
Nothing wrong with travellers in general. Like there's nothing wrong with lots of groups in general. It's the extremes that cause the problem and need strong action.
Haven't been to the leisure centre myself but sounds like these are the extreme end and should be dealt with.
Let's not tar them all with the same brush else I might start confusing conservatives and ukippers with racists or others may start confusing liberals and lefties with communists and people who hate their country
On 28 Mar 2017 at 11:54am Spike wrote:
Wouldn't happen in Firle.....

On 28 Mar 2017 at 12:31pm @Bobobob wrote:
Are there travellers that don't move into an area illegally, stay until evicted, steal anything not bolted down, scam all the locals and leave a pile of rubbish and excrement when they leave then?
I've seen a good 20 or 30 travellers invasions in my life and without exception they have all been like this, scum sums them up well usually.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 12:48pm Pedro wrote:
Anyone who uses the term "scum" to stereotype a fellow group of human beings based on a limited set of criteria and hearsay, I feel somewhat sorry for them and their cynical world-view. Must be difficult and draining to be angry and resentful all the time towards strangers.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:03pm Lettuce wrote:
You really are a sanctimonious berk.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:08pm Kev wrote:
Apparently some of them are refugees.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:12pm Pedro wrote:
@lettuce - More anger and resentment towards another stranger. I'm not trying to irritate you deliberately, I just find it a bit sad that one can be so unkind to others based on generalisations and stereotypes.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:19pm Spike wrote:
I'll bring my can opener to the gym tonight.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:33pm Weights wrote:
perhaps peddrro you would like to go the car park and ask them nicely to leave. And as they are such lovely people they will smile politely and pack up all their belongings and litter and leave immediately.....
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:35pm fitbit wrote:
I think this sort of thing should be embraced. Why not factor their visit into your training routine? Some of those young ladies have some pretty exotic dance routines and if you fancy mentioning this to the menfolk you could try your hand at bare knuckle boxing. Alternatively you could give them your comments face to face and then take part in a 500 yard sprint!
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:38pm Lady Gardener wrote:
anger and resentment is understandable
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:42pm Lewes resident wrote:
And guess who will pick up the bill for clearing up the mess they will probably leave behind - it may appear to be Wave Leisure, or Lewes DC, or even ESCC, but ultimately it will come out of the Council tax we pay, but that the "travellers" do not.
Of course, to some extent, Wave Leisure may have encouraged the problem if their car park barrier was left "up"... perhaps Wave should lower the car park barrier, and lock them in... at least it may spare others from having them decend on their patch.
Any of the bonfire boys looking for inspiration for their tableaux this year, Firle BS need not apply .. ;-)
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:46pm Ted wrote:
Unbelievable. This forum is awash with posters who say we should be more humane and give consideration to beggars, open our homes to refugees etc. I can't hear them now. NIMBYs, the lot of them.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 1:58pm Barrier wrote:
They would have still got in even if the barriers were working. You just pull up and press the button to get in..
On 28 Mar 2017 at 2:35pm @Ted wrote:
Haven't heard anyone ever say on here that we should open our homes to refugees. Get your facts right before making stupid comments.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm @@Ted wrote:
Short memory syndrome?
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:16pm Ted wrote:
@Ted, of course you are perfectly within your rights to call me stupid, if that is what you think. My point remains however, and is factually correct.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:32pm Ted wrote:
@@Ted, just for the record, a post from early 2016 regarding housing migrants - "Funnily enough Jim I'm investigating that possibility right now. And like a few other good people in Lewes have given clothes, sleeping bags, food and other goods to help people in immediate need in Calais. I also pay tax and I'm very happy that some of that will go to help those who are desperate (as opposed to subsidising huge global corporations who don't pay tax but take advantage of an educated workforce etc)"
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:38pm bobobob wrote:
@ @bobobobo, yes, there are plenty that don't do that. You wouldn't hear about them as it's not really a story when people behave as they should.
There's a couple of examples close to Lewes and even travellers who now run a business in the area that you and plenty of other people in Lewes probably use without knowing.
Ted, stop chatting rubbish. What's the link between trying to be more humane and being in favour of poorly behaved travellers treating a public space in an unacceptable way? None, so stop embarrassing yourself.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:42pm bobobob wrote:
@ted
There's a difference between refugees, migrants and travellers. You seem to be confusing them as being the same.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 3:52pm @Pedro wrote:
Originally posted as @bobobob, I chose my words deliberately so as to be talking about my past interactions with travellers, not these individuals, I have seen many village fields and greens ruined by travellers (anywhere they go is uninvited and ruined, why do you think every field has a big bale in the entrance?).
So please don't berate people using the term "scum", when people leave a pile of excrement in their wake there can be no other terms for them (they are the dregs), I mean it literally not to offend.
I reserve judgement on this lot until they move on, I doubt they will alter my views though.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm @@Ted wrote:
Ted, I knew you were correct, I remember it all clearly. By the way, I also know exactly what you mean - some CHOOSE not to.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 4:31pm Kill joy wrote:
If these guys are using the toilets and showers in the leisure centre then they should be pretty tidy and clean, not much for them to leave behind.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 4:40pm Sid wrote:
I bet they are Irish. That means they are migrants somewhere down the line. Funny that, eh.
On 28 Mar 2017 at 4:46pm @Sid wrote:
And guess you would be Anglo Saxon, so quite likely that you would have been an immigrant somewhere down the line
On 28 Mar 2017 at 4:49pm @Ted wrote:
Oh, well done, you found one post from a year ago. I see what you mean about this forum being "awash" with people saying it! As I said, a stupid comment.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Skate Park 104:132
Skate Park

QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo