Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Free speech

11
8
On Fri 20 Mar at 9:17pm Nevillman wrote:
On lewes present earlier today someone posted something critical about the government not reacting fast enough to the virus. Symes wrote back to the effect that this was not acceptable to say and they should go elsewhere if they wanted to say that. I had a quick look for it again and it was all gone. Whether or not it is true surely you have a right to say it on what should be a public forum. If I am wrong then please state your argument.
11
11
On Fri 20 Mar at 11:07pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Oh @nevillman, the diminishing of democracy has only just begun. You will face a lot of hostility for daring to question our great leader Boris from now on. Particularly now we're in a crisis, and we must get behind our leader, no matter how inept, immoral or wrong they are. Thumb me down my fellow british coroners.
4
9
On Sat 21 Mar at 7:50am Sleeveless wrote:
At times like this, I think moderators should be trying to ensure accuracy of information posted and remove any where doubt exists.
4
6
On Sat 21 Mar at 9:40am Blatant Liar wrote:
Nevillman
Firstly government policy is not the concern of a local FB page. Thereís plenty of political pages where lefties can endlessly moan
Secondly, youíre banned from LP so, again, itís none of your concern
2
5
On Sat 21 Mar at 12:08pm Tom Pain wrote:
@gs have you noticed that we are both high scorers in the thumbs down stakes although we have diametrically opposed points of view nearly all the time? I was going to suggest a competition to see who could score the most but a while ago I discovered it was easy to,how can I put it, massage. Maybe the situations changed but anyway it's probably ill timed, perhaps later?
5
5
On Sat 21 Mar at 5:25pm Nanook of the North wrote:
Without free speech we are serfs.
10
7
On Sat 21 Mar at 6:39pm Nevillman wrote:
Blatant. Free speech is my concern as it should be most people's. Sleeveless. The post was opinion and not information. I accept that we all have to stand together socially but there any blitz analogy ends. The virus isn't going to go away because we are standing together politically. I really see no reason why someone shouldn't state it on what is sadly the main town forum. It would be nice to think that someone would post it on here and an intelligent debate would be had which would help people like me who haven't got a clue about it make up my mind if there is anything in it. I'm afraid I haven't followed the story of it at all.
6
4
On Sun 22 Mar at 7:36am David Stanley wrote:
Maybe your thoughts aren't as fascinating as you think they are?
4
3
On Sun 22 Mar at 1:41pm Nevillman wrote:
Who's are David? It you think it's more important to try to shut someone up and close down debate than discuss it, that's up to you. You will not shut me up. Civil liberties are going to be under attack more than ever in the near future. You may think that all, some of none of these restrictions are necessary. It is vital they are discussed and not just nodded through though.
2
3
On Sun 22 Mar at 4:19pm David Stanley wrote:
If you are finding it hard to get a satisfying debate it may be because you are not particularly attractive in your presentation of ideas. It's not a crime but you might find it more effective to be more personally engaging. If you really want a debate that is...?
2
1
On Sun 22 Mar at 11:10pm the old mayor wrote:
Here we go again ! !


26 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

@Basil: Lloyd George was a Liberal. They promise anything to get votes; especially in modern times, when they have no hope of... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like The Grange Gardens, and the way the teashop has the most odd mixture of china from the charity shops
Jojo