Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Free chapters of my book

On 9 Jun 2014 at 4:23pm Beverley Elphick wrote:
Have written an historical novel set in Lewes and surrounding villages. If anyone would like to read the first three chapters then please go to my website: beverleyelphick.com
Book is called Three Round Towers and has had some very good reviews.

Check it out here »

On 9 Jun 2014 at 5:31pm drone wrote:
Appears to be in the wrong format Bev
On 9 Jun 2014 at 5:44pm Bookworm wrote:
Want do want for nothing ?

On 9 Jun 2014 at 6:34pm Clifford wrote:
Drone, you can get it if you go to the website she mentions:
beverleyelphick.com

On 10 Jun 2014 at 12:25am Fairmeadow wrote:
A pedant writes; good page turner but:
hiring fairs were not held at Midsummer (busy time in the farming year) but (at different times in the 18th century) at either Lady Day or Michaelmas;
Becca wouldn't get any money wages until she had finished a complete year - until then she'd be working just for her keep;
a country girl would not consider the walk from Hamsey to Lewes at all taxing - if sent on an errand, she'd expect to walk to Lewes and back before breakfast.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 7:36am DM Stone wrote:
Hi Beverley. I'll read it. Good luck.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 8:48am Clifford wrote:
How did your novel do? I remember some interesting exchanges on here about it.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 8:49am Clifford wrote:
Whoops - that post was for your DM Stone.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 10:06am DM Stone wrote:
Hi Clifford - don't want to take over thread but here's a quick update - It did very well. Reached the charts for thrillers and dark comedy several times - in the top twenty! I was so pleased. Lots of lovely reviews on Amazon. Also a couple of comments about my spelling - which I have now rectified (I hope).
Real life has taken over for a while - but when it stops I am looking at doing a print version - and updating the start in line with some of the comments I received here.
Thanks for asking.
Looking forward to Three Round Towers

On 10 Jun 2014 at 5:46pm Beverley Elphick wrote:
Hi D M Stone
I am thinking of setting up a pop up shop with a couple of other local writers would you be interested? You can contact me via my website if you prefer.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 5:48pm DM Stone wrote:
Thanks Beverley. I don't know what a pop up shop is but I'll contact you to find out.

On 10 Jun 2014 at 7:54pm Beverley Elphick wrote:
I look forward to hearing from you but I am so glad to hear you did well. I altered a lot of spelling in the proofing but then it must have slipped in at the typesetting which was a nightmare.
I have to keep reminding myself - this is story telling, fiction...
another glass of the red stuff!

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Swan penny 133:143
The Swan penny

If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane