Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Foxhunting - Attn Maria Caulfield.

9
7
On 11 May 2015 at 12:10pm Cassie wrote:
I urge everyone against foxhunting to reach out to Maria and ask for her to vote against repeal. The more conservative MP's that vote against the repeal the less likely it is that this horrifically cruel 'sport' becomes legal again.
Have a heart Maria.
'I disagree with the Conservative manifesto assertion that hunting and shooting has economic and conservation benefits. In addition, repealing the Hunting Act would be a massive backwards step for animal welfare.
No Government, regardless of the party they represent, should ignore the wishes of the majority of the people. The Hunting Act is supported by 80 percent of the British public and almost 70 percent of Conservative supporters. Upholding or even better, strengthening - the law is the right thing to do.
Thank you.'

Check it out here »
3
8
On 11 May 2015 at 12:15pm Lassie wrote:
I too am opposed to hunting but can I suggest you bear in mind:
- the ban hasn't actually stopped hunting, which seems to go on unchecked;
- this is probably the least harmful thing the Tories could be spending their time on.
With that in mind why not let them spend all the time they like fiddling around with this. We have bigger problems.
7
2
On 11 May 2015 at 12:27pm Cassie wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly that there are bigger problems.
But that's no excuse to ignore the smaller issues when there's an opportunity to make a difference, however small.
7
5
On 11 May 2015 at 2:58pm Floating Voter wrote:
Oh, and while you're at it. Mention to Maria that most of us are against Fracking in the National Park too!
6
3
On 11 May 2015 at 5:07pm trooper wrote:
@Cassie I see you want to stop Fox Hunting so be it, I also notice that you offer no alternative to control of the fox population, which is booming.You really ought to see what a fox can do to a hen house of domestic chickens,43 chickens killed NONE were eaten, in a property of a local friend,despite very secure fencing.I assume you would say the fox was only doing what comes naturally !!!
5
2
On 11 May 2015 at 5:21pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I hope the Tories will spend a shedload of parliamentary time on debating the possible repeal of the hunting ban.
All the while they're doing that, they won't be passing laws that will make life worse for most of the rest of us.
7
3
On 11 May 2015 at 7:07pm feline wrote:
The reason a fox kills over and over again in a hen house is because the killing instinct is being continuously triggered. In the wild the rest of the prey would have scattered so the fox would only get one. Of course, as the prey can't get away the fox keeps on killing.
5
1
On 12 May 2015 at 3:08am wrote:
Maria Caulfield will def be pro-hunting. She'll probably take sides with IDS and call for legalising the hunting of disabled beneficiaries.
1
 
On 12 May 2015 at 11:44am Beeline wrote:
Where's Buzz Aldrin?


28 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

extinction rebellion lewes 36:132
extinction rebellion lewes

'The sooner politics gets out of the way of medicine the better for all concerned.'


Health is a political issue. Thaty's why... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy