Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Forum meet up?

On 1 Jun 2015 at 11:03pm Tipex wrote:
Partly in light of SQ's (hopefully temporary) retirement from the forum, has anyone ever thought about a face to face Lewes Forum meet up? Radical I know but hadn't anyone ever wondered what it might be like to meet the heroes and anti heros of this wonderfully weird space? Ground rules would have to be nothing personal, no politics, just beer, pork scratchings, agreements to differ and chat. Any takers?
On 1 Jun 2015 at 11:12pm Old Bloke wrote:
Couldn't think of anything worse apart from a night in a pub full of Brighton fans
Pork scratchings are vile but I daresay the bearded lefties of Lewes Forum would think a packet of that muck and a half pint of foaming ale would prove their working class credentials (as stipulated by the Grauniad)
On 1 Jun 2015 at 11:18pm Tipex wrote:
Sorry Old Bloke - you're personally invited and will be the star of the party. Pleeeeese come?
On 1 Jun 2015 at 11:54pm Elephant Man wrote:
Disguise & face mask & cane are optional ?
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:51am Horseman7 wrote:
Yes Tipex, I would come along. Coke and crisps for me please.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 6:13am FA wrote:
We had a few meet ups 8 or 9 years ago and many long lasting friendships were formed. Even webbo came along to a few. I'm sure people aren't as bad as they come across when their hiding behind their computer screen !!!!
On 2 Jun 2015 at 8:33am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't think it would be a good idea for me to participate. You might all find out how outspoken I really am, and I wouldn't trust my self-control in the company of some on here!
On 2 Jun 2015 at 8:35am Tipex wrote:
ACT - You'd be very welcome but yes everyone would need to agree to behave!

On 2 Jun 2015 at 9:12am Kettle wrote:
I'd love to meet most of you but would be too worried about getting the same treatment as sq.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 10:02am Mark wrote:
I'm MUCH worse in person than I am behind the screen.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 10:05am trooper wrote:
It looks like a good idea but I really do not think it would work.@FA you said that this has been done before 8/9 yrs ago people have changed a great deal in that time and I fear that any ground rules would be very quickly ignored, and promises to behave !!! However still a good thought.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 10:06am Historian wrote:
I'm Spartacus !!
On 2 Jun 2015 at 11:51am Webbo wrote:
Very sorry to see SQ go.
It is a great shame that some threads get hijacked by spiteful posters but lets not lose sight that there are a lot of positive/useful threads (Huws call for Michael, Phoebes lost passport, Local 60s clubs, TTIP, Weather vane etc etc.)

I hope that overall this forum is a useful and valuable resource for Lewes in spite of the few that have difficulty being civil.
BTW. It is possible to reserve your username by registering but you will need to log in each time you want to use the name

Check it out here »
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:20pm Old Bloke wrote:
If I turned out Tipex I'd likely wind up ironing someone out
So best I don't
Can't abide Lewes pubs any way though I do rather like the Royal Oak at Barcombe
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:20pm Paul Newman wrote:
Webbo
I have asked on several occasion for there to be a Comments Policy and a far more rigorous policing of it.
How about it ?
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:41pm belladonna wrote:
I'm ambivalent about meeting up. I don't want to meet some of those who have been rudeto me - and I'm sure some people don't want to meet me. I might come without revealing my user name and if strictly agreed rules and guidelines are in place.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 1:45pm Rookie wrote:
I would guess that it would all be fine. The trolls are only outspoken at a keyboard.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 4:30pm Tipex wrote:
Yes there's a reason why trolls hide under bridges. I'd be more than happy if people turned up without giving their user name - in fact it might be more interesting if no one did.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 4:31pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
That's a nice idea, Belladonna. Everyone would be trying to guess who everyone else was!
Actually, it might be a bit weird. Imagine if someone thought you were a poster you really disagree with?
On 2 Jun 2015 at 5:24pm Webbo wrote:
In the light of the recent gripes I thought I'd just let everyone know that May was the busiest month the Lewes Forum has ever had with over 2500 posts, so I think it must be doing something right.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 6:39pm Dingo wrote:
Woof!

On 3 Jun 2015 at 7:03am Bingo wrote:
Is there a club where we could meet - then Temperance could come too
On 3 Jun 2015 at 7:04am Ringo wrote:
Can me and Paul come ?

On 3 Jun 2015 at 7:05am Pongo wrote:
I'll have a bath first, promise.
On 3 Jun 2015 at 7:07am Dongo wrote:
I'll entertain you, I'm a part time stripper

On 3 Jun 2015 at 7:09am Wongo wrote:
I'll lend you some dosh 'till payday if you're skint.

On 3 Jun 2015 at 4:21pm belladonna wrote:
I'd like to invite some of the forum users who no longer post as well - Mme Bovary, Spinster, Mrs Twine, Peter (who went to Amsterdam), Chav.... to name a few
On 3 Jun 2015 at 6:18pm Sherlock wrote:
I think Spinster has morphed into another poster

On 5 Jun 2015 at 4:35pm Ed Can Do wrote:
Like Mark, I'm definitely more offensive in real life. I'd probably come along anyway though.
On 5 Jun 2015 at 4:39pm Chav wrote:
Still here lurking you morons.

On 5 Jun 2015 at 8:18pm I don't live in Lewes... wrote:
Blimey it's Chav.
They let you out early then mate?
PhilX

6 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Martyrs 75:143
Lewes Martyrs

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan