Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Forum changes

On 1 Apr 2011 at 7:48am Webbo wrote:
Due to the mean nastiness of a few posters and the proliferation of politically motivated un-Lewes-related threads I have taken the difficult decision to make this a restricted subscription only forum.

From midnight tonight you will need to register with full contact details and set up a direct debit as there will be a small fee to post a comment.

The amount of the fee will be related to how nice and how Lewes related the post is so that if it's a nice post about Lewes it will be in the region of 10p if it's a nasty one about someone who likes this or that type of politics it will be the 50p maximum fee. The thumbs up/down rating system will also be taken ito account such that if a post gets a thumbs up rating of 10 or more the fee will be refunded in full.

I realise in these difficult times this may be hard on your pockets but it it not a decision I have taken lightly and hope you understand but I need to make a living too.

Webbo

On 1 Apr 2011 at 8:41am Political Knobhead wrote:
Oh no that's a shame I like it here

On 1 Apr 2011 at 8:58am Olaf Priol wrote:
That's outrageous Webbo. I blame Tesco's, the parking policy, Bill's, independent shops, Labour, ASBOs, Conservatives, Neville Estate, Lewes district council, Lib Dems, Lewes schools, Greens, UKIP, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 9:03am 'ere be monsters wrote:
No point telling you all about the Macdonalds planning application for the magistrates court then.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 9:56am Auntie Vi wrote:
I like to collect little pieces of cheese.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:01am 'ere be monsters wrote:
So you keep saying.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:08am Local wrote:
Please tell me that you are joking about mcdonalds planning app!

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:18am 'ere be monsters wrote:
It's not a joking matter. The court is shut from today.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:44am Dave wrote:
Its been on the cards for a long time its amazing how few people know about it.
McDonalds must have put some gagging order in place

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:47am Teachers Pet wrote:
I'm glad that I listen to teacher because then I know it is April Fools day today.............nice try Webbo!

On 1 Apr 2011 at 1:57pm Dickie wrote:
Nice try ;-)
Although I did fall for the Google one today and got really excited about it until I watched the gesture control video.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 3:29pm Oh what fun we had wrote:
Yeah I fell for the google one, until I watched the vid also. Webbo must try much harder and ebm, don't give up your day job. Why would McDonalds open in Lewes now Uncle Sams is up and running?

On 1 Apr 2011 at 4:55pm 'ere be monsters wrote:
Whole point really. It only takes one to make it worthwhile.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 5:55pm Oh what fun we had wrote:
You'll be telling us they want to ban salt in fish and chip shops next lol

On 1 Apr 2011 at 6:13pm Clifford wrote:
I suppose not many people know that salt is banned in fish and chip shops in North Korea as a 'relic of imperialism'.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 6:38pm danair wrote:
ha ha APRIL FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1 Apr 2011 at 7:08pm Clifford wrote:
Correct. Only salt is allowed. Fish and chips are banned.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 9:18pm Mrs nice wrote:
Webbo - i have very warm feelings towards you. Is that wrong?

On 1 Apr 2011 at 9:44pm Agony Aunt wrote:
Mrs Nice, you are treading on dangerous ground. I have sent you my advice in a plain brown envelope.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 9:57pm Claire R wrote:
Mrs nice, Are they wet as well as warm? If so I'd recommend a cold shower, or failing that going to watch Lewes FC.

On 1 Apr 2011 at 10:55pm Boo Khaki wrote:
Uncle Sam's?
i obviously don't get out enough

16 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Portal 74:132
Lewes Portal

Ivermectin is just another flavour of snake oil, unless of course you are a horse with worms. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG