Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Forum Registration

On 22 Dec 2004 at 11:07pm The Tooth Fairy wrote:
I think most will agree with me that idiot imposters are ruining this forum. How about it, Webmaster?

On 23 Dec 2004 at 7:06am cbs member wrote:
seems like the only way to make this forum worth using. get rid of the pathetic children who think it is fun to mimic other users. maybe using a password system or log in page is the answer!

On 23 Dec 2004 at 7:11am cbs member wrote:
If you look at the times of postings by the phantom poster you will see the times are all during the day. either a school goer, unemployed or retired. i wonder which?

On 23 Dec 2004 at 9:50am More Tea Vicar? wrote:
Agree with TF & cbs.
There is the option of starting a private Yahoo Group for Lewesians/ Ex Lewesians and those that want a sensible/humourous conversation and are able to string more than two words together without flaming other members.
That way it can be by invite only and the dumb element can be quickly removed.
Free speach is a great thing... but can be abused.
Haven't a clue who the webmaster is or what type of forum he/she wishes it to be.
Maybe time to hear his/her thoughts???
PhilX

On 23 Dec 2004 at 6:16pm phantom poster wrote:
I am all for it.how ever this imposter is he/she is very childish.
Yahoo groups are very good and of course can be moderated by more than one person.The Webmaster can not have the time to do the job solo.

On 23 Dec 2004 at 10:49pm The Webmaster wrote:
I have considered this before.
I think its a good idea for the regulars but will discourage new posters so its a bit of a tough one really.
I have tried to keep this forum open to anyone to try and reflect Lewes community, so many other forums require you to register and log in but that makes getting to the postings too long winded.
I like the lithe immediacy of this one.
If someone is being a total pillock I can restrict them but I don't like to do it, its like saying "piss off I don't agree with your values" but is that a good reaon to exclude someone?
Mind you, on the other hand if someone is spoiling this forum for other people then I will happily deal with it.

On 12 Jan 2005 at 11:53am The Reverend wrote:
i think having to register to use this forum is a very good idea. i remember a while ago i used to flame a few people and talk absolute crap sometimes but it just got boring. only interesting or serious issues for me now!!! sometimes a bit of banter can be a laugh but no more of this imposter business. perhaps webmaster, you should hold a poll... see how many of us regular uses of this board would appreciate a registration process...

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

If you can provide statistical evidence that crime has never been so high then blame austerity and write to Maria. Having a pop... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington