Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Forum: Post Editing and Restrictions?

On 20 May 2009 at 4:48am You know who I am wrote:

Hello Webbo
I'm getting slighly paranoid. I'm just rewriting this message since it didn't appear as a new post the first time.
Some things I have noticed..
Thread: 'Evil Work'
The original title and posters name have been edited.
Thread: 'Fusion'
Although I did not say anything different from MM, Rozzer and TP my post did not appear. Checked for special strings, words, characters etc to no avail.
Clean, compliant post.
Latter hasn't been the first occassion. Question is whether you have introduced new rules or whether there's something in the (technical aka Twitter rumour) bush we should know about? Are there any Legal / Technical reasons? Or is it just all freaky coincidence? I have noticed that some posts have simply disappeared recently which has been rare in the past. I just would like to say, and I guess I speak for all, that this forum is good and so successful because it's informal and easy to use. We also understand the challenges you face, the time, expenses and effort you put in. It's also the best chat room I have come accross since 1994! Please keep it that way.
Thank you.

On 20 May 2009 at 8:38am Webbo wrote:
I sometimes edit post titles and posters names if they are too long and wrap at the top of the page.
I also delete duplicate posts and sometimes I get the wrong duplicate which takes out the subsequent posts, this happened with one of Lord Landportsposts yesterday.
Posts with swear words don't appear including the town Scunforp (spelled properly), although Arsenal is ok (obviously)
Don't worry, there is nothing sinister going on.

On 20 May 2009 at 12:57pm Ed Can Do wrote:
List your favourite norther towns time!
Mine's Penistone.

On 20 May 2009 at 1:41pm Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
You could say Newark as it is only an anagram !
Reminds me of the joke meantime about the three football teams with swear words in their name, Webby has already mentioned Scunforpe and Arsenal, the third being Manchester f***ing United !

On 20 May 2009 at 7:52pm Mr Longbottom wrote:
There's something sinister going on!
My ads have vanished! Ka-Pow!

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

commercial square badge 30:132
commercial square badge

Australia has species of trees that can only reproduce by being set alight, that must tell you something. No room for nature... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy