Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Forum Meal? Sunday 20th Sept? 7pm? Prezzo's?

On 12 Sep 2009 at 7:36pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I've had a card put through my door from the King's Church - ordinarily this would go straight in the bin, but the offer of a "FREE two course meal with drink" at Prezzo's caught my eye.
If a few of us were to register for the event, we could have a (long overdue) forum meal and entertain ourselves, rather than have to listen to a sermon by some God botherer.
The event is to be held at 19:00hrs on Sunday 20th September at Prezzo's in Lewes. To reserve a place you can either phone the church office (486 182) or book on-line at (w's dot) kingschurchlewes.co.uk/alpha
Who's interested?

On 12 Sep 2009 at 7:57pm my advice.. wrote:
Those people really pee me off. If anyone wants to follow a religious belief that's fine, pop along to Church, or wherever is appropriate at the right time and do your thing. Why do they feel they have to tempt people with the offer through your door of a free meal, or tempt kids with a free balloon. They'll draw you in then ask you to 'donate' to the cause.
Keep away!

On 12 Sep 2009 at 8:11pm Jesus wrote:
Sorry, I have a lunch to sort out on the mount that day ....

On 12 Sep 2009 at 8:34pm zola wrote:
Good idea Spinney,but I'm pretty sure it won't be that easy...We won't be able to sit on our own and ignore them will we? Free meal means being bothered by the God Squadders.And I don't like the idea of that being a non believer...I can sort out some 2 for 1's if you really want Prezzo....

On 12 Sep 2009 at 10:39pm Chuck wrote:
I watched a programme about the Alpha Course a few months back, and basically most of the people at the meal were atheists or agnostics having a debate with someone from the church. Don't know if anyone was converted cos I got bored. I have to say, I know some of the people from Kings Church and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met.

On 13 Sep 2009 at 1:00am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I'd be prepared to give them a run for their money, but not on my own (yes I know, I'm a bit of a goose).

On 13 Sep 2009 at 12:42pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
While I love the idea of trying to get a free lunch at the expense of the god-botherers, I'm afraid I'll be away next weekend.
I wonder if it will be the normal menu, or if there'll be a special of loaves and fishes?

On 13 Sep 2009 at 8:59pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Fish pizza on the menu then? Does not sound so good now!

On 14 Sep 2009 at 9:32am I dont live in lewes... wrote:
The modern equivalent of the loaves and the fishes trick could be fish finger sandwiches!
PhilX

On 14 Sep 2009 at 10:06am expat wrote:
I'd come for the wind up, but I need to learn how to run on water first.

On 14 Sep 2009 at 3:58pm NCG wrote:
i'll ditto what expat said.....and i had no idea that fish have fingers. B-)

On 14 Sep 2009 at 11:25pm Lopster wrote:
sounds like a great sporting evening - I'll be there

Just say NO - easy

On 15 Sep 2009 at 7:50pm Mr Peabody wrote:
Expat. I just got your joke. A day later. I feel very stupid.

On 16 Sep 2009 at 9:47am expat wrote:
A day and a half Mr.Peabody, I'm 12 hours ahead. At least you got it, I find so often I'm the only one that appreciates my humour.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

south street badge 107:132
south street badge

The idea, of course, is that the influx of skilled migrants from Asia will displace lazy Brits from their comfortable white... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine