Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Footie for my 6 year old

On 23 Jan 2010 at 12:51pm Smiler wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good football team for my 6 year old boy to start playing / learning with.
I know there are several but I don't know which ones take 6 year olds

On 23 Jan 2010 at 1:03pm tryingtohelp wrote:
Bridgeview have an under 8's team. Ilford and Kingston have a junior team not sure what ages though - sorry not that useful.

On 23 Jan 2010 at 1:08pm spongebob wrote:
Bridgeview and Malling both have teams. My next door neighbour is a coach for one of those teams so i'll ask him for you.

On 23 Jan 2010 at 10:08pm Down and Out wrote:
My lad's with South Malling. We only run a U9s team this season but much younger kids are made most welcome at training which is 9.30am - 11.30am Saturdays at the school (although the club is nothing to do with the school itself and has a mix from all over Lewes) Might well run a U8s side next season depending on the numbers. The aim is just to get the kids involved and having fun. By all means come along next Saturday and give it a go.

On 25 Jan 2010 at 9:30am Parent wrote:
If you want your child to play for a team with pushy parents shouting at their kids from the touchline, and a 'win at all costs' mentality, then go to Bridge View. If you want your child to play in a pleasant, friendly atmosphere where the emphasis is more on your kids enjoying themselves, then go to South Malling (They have bacon rolls and hot drinks too !!!) I have taken my child to both and I know which I would recommend.

On 25 Jan 2010 at 12:07pm Down and Out wrote:
Bridge View seem a nice enough bunch but then my kid hasn't been there so I don't have the direct experience of 'Parent' above.
But next Sunday is the killer local derby - Bridge View vs Malling at the Brooks, so come along and watch both sides in action!

On 25 Jan 2010 at 2:30pm Smiler wrote:
Thanks a lot I'll come along on Sunday
Do Bridgeview train/play on Sunday then?

On 25 Jan 2010 at 2:37pm Down and Out wrote:
South Malling train on Sat AM as above, and all league matches are on a Sunday. I'm not sure but think Bridge View might train on a Wednesday after school (for the younger age groups anyway).

On 25 Jan 2010 at 7:52pm Frankfurtersausage wrote:
For training I would suggest Saturday Soccer School, at the Paddock. Starts about 9.30? til 11.00. Not affiliated to a club, but its a very good starting point.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Pells Pond 96:132
Pells Pond

Classic reply Tom. No evidence of having read my post, understood it or made any attempt to respond to it. Didn't I make the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina