Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Flu Jab - Yes or No

On 24 Sep 2015 at 1:35pm Doctor Foster wrote:
I have booked a flu jab but am in two minds as to whether I should have it. Have read a few bad things about it and apparently last year's vaccination was next to useless.
Anyone have any thoughts?
On 24 Sep 2015 at 1:38pm Taff wrote:
How many bad things have you read about flu over the years? No contest is there?
On 24 Sep 2015 at 2:26pm Horseman7 wrote:
I say have it. I'm a 61 year old female who's received the vaccination for health reasons for the last 10 years. Go for it.
On 24 Sep 2015 at 2:49pm Dr Jabber wrote:
After having a very bad bout of pneumonia a few years ago, I have been given the choice of the flu jab ever since then. Each year Ive had a dilemma of whats the best thing to do and each year I've said, Yes Please with little or no ill effect. Also I now have no need for birth control!
On 24 Sep 2015 at 3:46pm Clifford wrote:
No.

On 25 Sep 2015 at 10:48pm Belladonna wrote:
I've had it the last three years and haven't had flu. In fact I've had about one cold a year, which seems pretty good-going. But it can be hit or miss as they can never completely predict which flu strains will be prevalent each year, so I think I read the maximum efficacy is about 80pc.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

Yes in some cities they have now tow trucks for the emergency purpose is roads are blocked but you still need tow service from... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington