Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Flea Treatment

On 29 Jun 2010 at 10:41am jonnyboy wrote:
Last September I posted about Bob Martin double action flea treatment as an alternative to the much more expensive Advantage. It has proved just as effective and I have found a supplier on ebay that charges only £3.00 a pack (Pet's Corner charge 10.99). Postage is 1.75 but the seller will reduce postage on multiple purchases. Enter 120589406282 in the eBay search or search Bob Martin on eBay.

On 29 Jun 2010 at 10:48am Old Cynic wrote:
Does it work on ticks? Terrible tick problem this year on the Downs - seems worse than usual.

On 29 Jun 2010 at 1:14pm I tried... wrote:
This before and ended up with two dogs riddled with fleas! It was horrible, Advantage all the way for me from now on!!

On 29 Jun 2010 at 6:53pm TeeHee wrote:
I hear Bob's a bit of a shyster. Watch out

On 29 Jun 2010 at 7:16pm jonnyboy wrote:
Bob Martin make various spot on treatments. Most I think are pretty useless. This one contains the same insecticide as Advantage and I've found it as good.

On 29 Jun 2010 at 7:41pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I buy a spot-on online from a company called Hypedrug. Much cheaper and works really well.
Left it too late this year and one of mine got a tick. Vile damn things, and proof to me that there is no such thign as Intelligent Design - no-one with a brain cell would have designed the tick.

On 30 Jun 2010 at 8:44am sashimi wrote:
I've been using hugely expensive Frontline spot on. Are these cheaper ones just as effective?

On 30 Jun 2010 at 12:53pm twodogs wrote:
I buy my frontline online from petfleas.co.uk at a much cheaper than the vets prices. And they take paypal.

On 1 Jul 2010 at 12:09am Bongo wrote:
I've found the most effective treatment is Advantage spray. I usually get the vet or nurse to do the spray bit, they are better at that than me. Then I use Staykill to spray the skirting boards, under the bed etc, to prevent any eggs from hatching out. Google Staykill to get the best price (around a tenner for a mega sized spray can). Otherwise, the council can send round the pest control bloke if you ask them, I think they charge about £30 (less if you are on benefits).

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Landport bound 52:132
Landport bound

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams