Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Flats on Western rd

On 7 Jul 2011 at 5:36pm Windows wrote:
I don't see why someone would spend all that money building flats on Western Road ,only to let cowboys do the pointing? It's bloody awfull!

On 7 Jul 2011 at 6:39pm Clint Eastwood wrote:
I can't see the point in it either.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 7:11pm bastian wrote:
plenty of shoddy pointing in lewes,it's atradition going back to the 1930's when the ringmer brickies c*cked up parts of the nevill

On 7 Jul 2011 at 7:39pm numberjack wrote:
I have to agree that the new houses/flats on the Meridian site look appalling, as said above, the pointing is probably the worse that I have ever seen. Surely the conservation officer / building inspector / national park authorities should be demanding that the buiders put it right. I dread to think what other work on those places has been completed to such an appalling standard.
Pull them down and start again!

On 7 Jul 2011 at 10:31pm the old mayor wrote:
Soft wood timber throughout too.

On 7 Jul 2011 at 11:06pm Greyman wrote:
And what about those ghastly white window frames too!

On 8 Jul 2011 at 7:27pm Landportite wrote:
Suprised they got planning permission, they dont exactly fit in with the rest of the hoses do they!?

On 8 Jul 2011 at 9:25pm ADT wrote:
They are rubbish

On 8 Jul 2011 at 9:30pm MC wrote:
Do they look like hoses?

On 8 Jul 2011 at 11:56pm Harold wrote:
They are houses BTW, The council insisted on lime based pug for the job and the finish is a rustic rubbed one , the windows are made of ali, not my fav but in a few years will blend in well with the upholsterers building next door, after all it is part of the same complex originally, Ive been in show house already and was very impressed by it . Ps no im not one of the builders but I work close by and have watched the build .

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 50:143
Keere Street Lewes

Google Lewes Resignalling then select Network Rail item. Shows dates more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde