Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Fireworks in or near Lewes tonight?

On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:10pm Zebedee wrote:
As we are currently having to carry our terrified dog back from the Cock to Barcombe I was wondering who it is that's letting off the fireworks. Anyone know?
On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:38pm Lewes gal wrote:
I know it's loud I feel for all the animals that have to put up with this for weeks leading up to bonfire night
On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:47pm Nevill_neighbour wrote:
Seems to have been going on for over 30 mins now, are we sure this is a display, can anyone actually see any fireworks.
On 26 Sep 2015 at 8:56pm Zebedee wrote:
As they go it was a good display (but frankly I've seen so many now they no longer hold any interest) and can be seen and heard for miles north of Lewes. If I had a guess I'd say they were being held at Lower Stonehouse Farm (bearing in mind that the inconsiderate bast*** who owns the place is not unknown for putting on loud events without gaining the appropriate licences).
On 26 Sep 2015 at 10:00pm Dillon wrote:
Some pr@t has got it in for the owner of Lower Stonehouse Farm.. Thats all I have to say about it! Oh hang on a minute... Just one more minute... Plop... Isn't Zebedee a total B@stard.. Aaarh...thats Better!
On 26 Sep 2015 at 10:16pm Dillon wrote:
Anyway its 7.30ish on a Saturday night that we're talking about..
If you can't afford a Nappy and a pair of Ear Defenders for your little Pooch!
I have to ask myself, should you really be having a Dog?
I think its a bit much expecting everyone to be silent (on a Sat) just for you Zebedee!
On 26 Sep 2015 at 10:57pm Local wrote:
Sales demo. Get over it.
On 27 Sep 2015 at 7:18am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
They went on for a long time, it must have been quite a display.
I love fireworks, but having owned 2 dogs who were completely traumatised by them, I feel for Zebedee. When a display is expected, you can go out for the evening and take the dog with you, but when you have no idea they're going to happen, there's nothing you can do.
I've no wish to restrict firework displays any more than they are already, but it would make life a lot easier for a lot of people if a couple of weeks notice had to be given to local residents.
And I could have done without hearing rookies going off well after midnight!
On 27 Sep 2015 at 7:26am shifty wrote:
It was a sales display by phoenix fireworks. Just like buying a new car. You want to try it before you buy it.
On 27 Sep 2015 at 7:35pm Zebedee wrote:
Then it was a display that suited Phoenix and inconvenienced others.

PersonalIy I think fireworks are passť and overrated and here, we have far too many of them. There is no doubt they create considerable distress for pets and wildlife and wherever they were let off from last night distressed an awful lot of ground.

I personally have nothing against the owner of Lower Stoneham Farm but he does appear fairly inconsiderate to the neigbours and surrounding territory.

On 28 Sep 2015 at 11:42am Florence wrote:
Yeah, I feel for that poor distressed ground, snivel
On 28 Sep 2015 at 4:28pm bastian wrote:
It was a trade show, happens every year, as said before, it's good to see before you buy.
On 29 Sep 2015 at 12:43pm Zzz... wrote:
When the disturbance covers such a large geographical area and affects so many people maybe it should be incumbent on the authorities that granted the licence to inform all those who might be inconvenienced. Presumably that's Lewes District Council?
On 29 Sep 2015 at 2:21pm Boom wrote:
You want people who might be making a bit of noise for half an hour or so to write to everyone who might hear it and ask if it's ok first? Nothing would ever get done! Have you ever walked past the Cuilfail Tunnel of a Friday night when they're cleaning it? The ground shakes several streets away, if people can put up with that then half an hour of fireworks is nothing.

Anyway, there are already reams of legislation and hoops to jump through with regards to making a noise with fireworks, all of which this particular display were well within. Like all the people in the Santon thread saying if you want affordable housing move elsewhere, if you want to own a nervous dog, move to Uckfield.

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

P.S. this is becoming a habit but what the hell? You may need a little help so may I refer you to you tube~ Richard Werner the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell