Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Fireworks

On 6 Nov 2012 at 1:21pm Big Bang wrote:
How did you rate the fireworks last night?
My winner was - Southover, extremely impressive and long.
Very close second - Commercial,
Third - Borough, surprised by them last night!
Fourth - Waterloo, very short
Fifth - Cliffe, Not a great variety and just seemed to pump the same fireworks up for about half an hour to last as long as CS and SBS
Didn't see South Streets unfortunately

On 6 Nov 2012 at 3:51pm jackme off wrote:
Your good to go to all of them in one night how did you do it or are you just a troll ?

On 6 Nov 2012 at 4:21pm Lewes wrote:
I saw all except Cliffe. I can only talk about the aerial stuff (nothing too close to the ground!) but agree that Southover was most impressive followed by Commercial. South Street was fine, Borough seemed a bit weak to me and Waterloo was fairly short.
Is there anywhere to stand and see them all?

On 6 Nov 2012 at 5:08pm townie wrote:
Waterloo started first at 10pm on the dot, They went on for 20 minutes....thought they were ok
The fireworks up on the top of nevill (Borough ?) seemed to go on for ages and were superb.
Commercials started at 10.40 and finnished at 11pm and again, were ok. All i could see from my position.

On 6 Nov 2012 at 6:47pm Bonfire Boy wrote:
Please set out your judging criteria, townie.

On 6 Nov 2012 at 7:46pm teaboy wrote:
The judging criteria is rather important, as is the fact that nobody saw ALL of more than 1 display. You simply cannot suggest that 1 display is better than another if you haven't actually seen them both in their entirity!

ALL the firework displays will consist of low-level and high-level parts, set-pieces, tableau and effigies. Just seeing a few aerial shells cannot begin to show you the front-field, or effigiy displays.
On 6 Nov 2012 at 7:53pm bonfire Boy wrote:
Precisely. And you shouldn't forget about the creative use of the available budget either. People like townie come across as glib superficial knobs.

On 6 Nov 2012 at 11:41pm Oats wrote:
I was at CSBS this year, Usually go to waterloo but I think I made the right choice, We could see Waterloo's display from the CSBS Site, Seemed to only last for about 10 minutes.
On 7 Nov 2012 at 5:53am Townie wrote:
Do one bonfire boy you jumped up little tw@t. It's my opinion not a scientific experiment you absolute cock jockey. Back to school today is it ?

On 7 Nov 2012 at 8:34am Bonfire Boy wrote:
Err bonfire boy stop my name !

On 7 Nov 2012 at 8:38am Bonfire Boy wrote:
I mean stealing my name that's name rape !!

On 7 Nov 2012 at 8:56am Bonfire Boy wrote:
I think you've made 'your position' very clear to all, townie. Bent right over with your head up your ar*e.
I asked for judging criteria, not evidence of scientific controls etc. For instance, it appears that just length is what matters to you, not what you do with it.
Sound familiar?

On 7 Nov 2012 at 1:34pm Penguin wrote:
It is certainly within living memory that there were no real aerial fireworks in the Cliffe's display. I don't know but I guess it is a similar story with the other societies. They only really became a regular feature to fill in the gaps between the Guy, the Pope and the Tableau. These are what set the Bonfire Societies apart from being just any old run of the mill display. Therefore, to judge a societies display based on seeing the aerial stuff only really has no relevance. Apart from anything, how can you appreciate a firework display that you can only see in the distance? You need to be under it to see it properly, and close enough to feel the bangs as well as hear them!

On 7 Nov 2012 at 2:23pm v.c. wrote:
I only care about the one I am watching and the one I was watching was superb - especially feeling the bangs going through the ground during the finale. FANTASTIC.
If someone had a bigger and better one than mine then good luck to them. Live for the moment! (BTW I do know where I was!)

On 8 Nov 2012 at 1:12am 17Xs wrote:
No one here seems to know what they're on about when it comes to airial! Yes I agree you cannot either be able to be at every display nor can you judge the entirety of any display by airial from a distance alone! You do need to find a happy medium! Airial displays are best viewed 1/4 mile down wind (apparently).... but we all know that's not always possible! Also you need to be up and close to be able to appreciate the effects coming from the Effigies, Tableu etc! Especially the destruction!! BOOM! .... I would like to say that I agree it is nice to be able to look up and see the sky full of colour/effects! .... I guess it's what ever floats your boat really!

On 8 Nov 2012 at 1:25am Bonfire Boy wrote:
Eh? You say "No-one knows what they're on about..." but then proceed to agree left right and centre! You're not 'townie' back with more, are you?

21 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street Lewes 49:132
Keere Street Lewes

Just noticed. TP started "Quote of the Moment", although it's hard to understand what it's for. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina