Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Feeding dog at table

On 17 Feb 2017 at 12:14pm Bonzo wrote:
Sitting at Riverside cafe watching a family feeding their dog who is sitting on a chair with them. Any thoughts?
On 17 Feb 2017 at 12:16pm The Greek wrote:
Gross
On 17 Feb 2017 at 12:26pm cleanlicence wrote:
no problem provided that the dog was wearing underpants and was using his own cutlery.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 12:55pm Paul O'Grady wrote:
Get a life or join a band, Bonzo Dog.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 1:04pm cleanlicence wrote:
its a fair point, would you sit on a chair after a nudist who hadnt wiped his backside!!
On 17 Feb 2017 at 1:18pm Chortle Chortle wrote:
Did he have woofles?
On 17 Feb 2017 at 1:33pm Weird wrote:
People do that all the time with their sticky kids. The mess left behind is diabolical. However, a dog sitting on a chair at the table is a bit odd; each to their own.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 5:41pm Woof wrote:
@cleanlicence.
At least I can lick my backside
On 17 Feb 2017 at 6:49pm Out on licence wrote:
I always get my dog to lick the plates clean after we finish eating. I never feed him whilst we are eating though as he needs to know his pecking my order in the family. The plates are washed afterwards in the dishwasher.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 7:03pm George wrote:
That wasn't any old dog @Bonzo, that was my wife !
On 17 Feb 2017 at 8:16pm dog eat dog wrote:
My dog is fresher and has better table manners than most of you smelly bearded ,twede wearing biggots who post on here ,,yes bearded means woman aswell ,,, funny old place this lewes ,,lots of lop pots and so called hard men ,, pussy comes to mind

On 17 Feb 2017 at 8:47pm Confused wrote:
What's a lop pot?
On 17 Feb 2017 at 8:51pm Fido wrote:
I saw it too. A bit strange but I can't say that it bothered me.
On 17 Feb 2017 at 9:16pm spellchecker wrote:
Beats me how some people come to possess a computer, you'd have thought spelling would be required at some point, i mean, whats twede? whats biggot? and as for lop pots............yet another thread hijacked into oblivion.
On 18 Feb 2017 at 5:54am stig of the dump wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, I love dogs and i have a dog myself. But some people think their dogs are their children. Many dog owners think they are above the law and their pooch has the divine right to do what it wants. I see it on a daily basis when walking mine in the local park, people out with their dogs either on their phone, reading a magazine or just in a world of their own, totally oblivious to what their dog is doing or even where their dog is. If i'm walking along the street, or in a public area, i do not want a dog to come charging up to me and start jumping up or worse, growling at me. If that isn't bad enough, the owner will usually laugh it off by saying "aw he likes you" or "it's because you're wearing a blue top, he doesn't like blue" Now i appreciate how precious you are over your dogs but i truly believe that you should, by law, go on a dog owners course before you get the mut. As for dogs eating up at the table or even under your feet at dinner time I find utterly abhorrent. I do love my pooch but at the end of the day, my kids come first.
On 18 Feb 2017 at 10:11am i'm with you stig wrote:
absolutely correct stig, a dog is just a dog,not a family member, did you see in the news that some doglovers let their dogs stampede some sheep onto a road, 18 killed by a car, hundreds more stressed into aborting their offspring, Anybody know of a doglover near lindfield with two chocolate labradors?
On 18 Feb 2017 at 11:39am stig of the dump wrote:
Well i do think that a dog should be part of the family but it really gets on my man-boobs the way some people think they should be above ALL human life.
On 18 Feb 2017 at 11:57am Stig of Top Gear wrote:
It p*$$es me off that when I run one over I have to report it.
On 18 Feb 2017 at 2:30pm Pedro wrote:
Why is this thread becoming a debate about a species hierarchy? Animals don't tend to ask to be in your care, but they often end up becoming a real part of the family and very much loved. I don't see the problem in this. Common sense and hygiene should apply though if they bring animals (like with children who may be filthy from playing) to public places, especially where food is prepared. Also, like unruly children, adults must take responsibility for ensuring their pets (and kids) behave.

On 18 Feb 2017 at 5:27pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
Well done pedro. Another thread ended by you. You have the bloody cheek to complain about the topic drifting. You consistently ruin threads by changing take. You massive plonker.
On 18 Feb 2017 at 6:15pm Pedro wrote:
@we'vehadourfun - i think you are mentally unstable. How have I ended the thread? My comment wasn't about "topic drifting", but implying how sad it is that often conversations relating to pets turns into species hierarchy and how much more important humans are.

I hope that clarifies the matter, and you can "officially" pronounce the thread as alive again, and get that blood pressure of yours down.

On 18 Feb 2017 at 7:41pm We'vehadourfun wrote:
You talk a lot of twaddle and really are a nuisance on this forum

On 18 Feb 2017 at 8:39pm Pedro wrote:
@ we'vehadourfun, well I happen to like twaddle, so you best get used to it Buzz Killington.

On 18 Feb 2017 at 10:00pm VillageEnvy wrote:
I've stumbled across a forum where it's threads concern themselves with a character called Pedro!
Is he the guy everyone likes to mock? Is this a modern day version of gladiatorial fights where an innocent person is fought by locals whilst everyone else watches and heckles for their entertainment?
I had this impression of Lewes and the surrounding villages being populated by calm and peaceful types......
On 19 Feb 2017 at 1:24pm Pedro wrote:
Yup, welcome to the forum! I think most people are calm and peaceful types in Lewes, but give them a bit of online anonymity, and they go feral and become bottom feeders!

On 19 Feb 2017 at 6:16pm Mr. Angry wrote:
I think they should be drug out into the street and shot. It's the only language these mammals understand.

On 20 Feb 2017 at 5:21pm MikeHunt wrote:
@stigofthedump perhaps you should get off your self imposed pedestal. My dog is probably the one who barked at you and I told you he doesn't like blue. He doesn't. I've paid a trainer to work with him and it's finally starting to work after oodles of consistent training from her and from me. But the last time someone in blue came near him (the vet) he was put to sleep and his man parts were removed so you can perhaps start to understand it. So while I know that barking at strangers isn't an acceptable behaviour - all I can do is apologise. Shouting at him is an absolute no no in modern training. I have to walk him (despite arranging 3 play dates in a secure area 3 times a week he does need off lead walking twice a day) and tried my absolute very best to warn people as they approached and distract him from what he sees as the incoming danger. I absolutely always clear up after my dog, I put so much into training him when he was a puppy to not jump up (which he never does), he has been taught to be friendly to other dogs and he has impeccable manners otherwise. Dog ownership isn't black and white and so many people are so judgemental about it.

On 20 Feb 2017 at 6:38pm stig of the dump wrote:
So Mikehunt, next time a 3 year old boy who is dressed in blue approaches your dog, the poor lad is going to get his face ripped off if he's not careful. You message just about sums up everything that is bad about dog owners. If you can't control your dog in a public place then either you don't take the dog to a public place or the dog gets destroyed. It really is as simple as that.

On 20 Feb 2017 at 7:30pm MikeHunt wrote:
Are you serious @stigofthedump? Did I say my dog would destroy a child? Or anyone else for that matter? No. A warning bark is completely different to ripping a child face off.

On 20 Feb 2017 at 7:31pm MikeHunt wrote:
I would suggest that infact you are the one that needs to understand dogs a bit better. I bet you trained yours by kicking it up the arse every time is did anything wrong.

7 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The John Harvey Tavern 116:132
The John Harvey Tavern

Having seen both schools for open days, I am torn.

Can people please give me their experience - bad or good? I keep being... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy