Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Fed up hearing about Bill's

On 8 Aug 2008 at 8:45am LORD LANDPORT wrote:

This isn't me moaning about Bill's or sideing with Bill's
just curious to know if every damm post on here has to end with one about Bill.
Ps webby if you can check without too much bother is it possible to find out how many times bill has been refered to in this forum ???
come on people I think we have done this subject to death.
yes we know Bill does a lot for charity we know he puts chairs on the pavement .
we have people saying he's nice, he's bad, he's a good boss, he's a bad boss. his shop is expensive etc etc but do we need to keep posting the same stuff over and over.
can we now leave the subject alone unless you have something new to say on it.
people will say it's fredom of speach etc but nothing new has been said just the same old stuff on every post.
I and every other person on here will probably agree if there is news other than hes put a chair on a crack in the pavement please post it we'd love to debate the subject if it's fresh meat that what makes this forum great.

wow as I type this I notice the banner ad above for Bills.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:07am Taff wrote:
Maybe it is just indicative of posters inability to be positive. It is easier to whinge!

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:15am The Webmaster wrote:
Your Lordship
Just put Bills into the search box (top right) and you can see for yourself how many returns you get.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:20am juju wrote:
Could not agree more, its bad enough that when ever you open a lewes publication Bills is in there along with Harveys, this town has more than two business's that do good stuff yet none of them get a single line to acknowledge the fact,infact if you even try to get a mention in the sussex express all you get back from them is we dont do free articles on business's, so this posses the question do the above mentioned keep paying for all the articles that smoother every lewes publication?

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:20am juju wrote:
Could not agree more, its bad enough that when ever you open a lewes publication Bills is in there along with Harveys, this town has more than two business's that do good stuff yet none of them get a single line to acknowledge the fact,infact if you even try to get a mention in the sussex express all you get back from them is we dont do free articles on business's, so this posses the question do the above mentioned keep paying for all the articles that smoother every lewes publication?

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:25am Lord Landport wrote:
That's crazy amount Im not going to count think people will
work out this issue is over posted.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 9:58am geoff wrote:
What I do when I don't want to encourage a subject is I ignore it.
It is a technique that works just as well with cold callers.
The reason why the Bills thread is so long is not because it is full of whingers, it is because Bill's high visibility has disadvantages, as well as advantages and everyone walks past his store and forms an opinion.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 10:50am Lewes Laugher wrote:
I won't be mentioning Bill's again. But Sashka had a good idea on the Bill's thread - that Harvey's should put a stall in the road outside their shop. I'd like to see a real market atmosphere in the street, with Bill's there as well.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 12:12pm Taff wrote:
We should be more concerned about the shops that have closed and still remian empty. Si and next door for instance. But why are they still empty? Is it because the rates are too high? How long will it be before Lewes becomes to expensive to maintain commercial business? Will the shops go elsewhere? Will that result in parking charges increasinf because there will no longer be enough users? STOP

On 8 Aug 2008 at 12:23pm Local wrote:
Taff is right - but it might just as well be the rents asked for being too high as it is the business rate. We're going to see a lot more businesses collapsing over the next year or so - they won't be going elsehwhere, they'll be going nowhere.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 12:58pm Taff wrote:
Wherever the businesses go, somewhere or nowhere it will result in a long period of emptiness no doubt, of that I am sure.
At least the local currency idea should encourage people to buy locally. I assume that is its sole purpose?
If you look there are many businesses that use the pavements. Some put out signs for instance. Years ago the bus station newsagent sold directly on to its pavement. Almost all the businesses use the pavement to store rubbish for collection.

On 8 Aug 2008 at 2:30pm Local wrote:
Some places thought they could use the 'local currency' idea in the 1930s depression. It came to nothing and did nothing to bring the country out of the depression - what did that was low interests rates, cheap mortages, and rearmament. Not very inspiring is it?

On 22 Sep 2008 at 3:03pm mjhvdzx wrote:
hellop

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Buskers in Lewes 17:132
Buskers in Lewes

Of course they won't, what did they do about the protests in London a while back? Treated them with kid gloves, no kettling, no... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington