Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Favourite Christmas Song/Carol

On 11 Dec 2008 at 12:25am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I like "Silver Bells" (the Gene Autry version in particular)

On 11 Dec 2008 at 1:48am Zola wrote:
Tha Angel Gabriel from heaven came.....His wings as drifted snow his eyes as flame.De dah de dah de dah de dah de dah dah dah,Most highly flavoured lady...Gloria. Is that a Christmas song Spin...? I loved that song.I sang alto.Long time ago.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:23am expat wrote:
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. Not very traditional so I'll also put Silent Night. I had to sing it solo one Christmas in Malling Church and I was reeeeally good, but not as good as Nelly the old lady who used to sing in the row behind me and scare the sh*t out of me cos she smelled fishy and breathed down my neck. Also like Little Drummer boy with Bing and Bowie.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:57am Lord Landport wrote:
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues everyday
If I hear this I get very festive

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:21am Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
The Pogues have to be top of the list but I also have a soft spot for 'I believe in Father Christmas' by Greg Lake as it reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:59am Digga wrote:
For me it would have to be Jona Lewie - "Stop The Cavalry" or Paul McCartney - "Wonderful Christmastime"

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:36am Mystic Mog wrote:
I must say for me that the Pogues song is the worst Xmas song along with Away in a Manger when sung by young children. For me Hark the herald angels sing is the best carol.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:38am Lewes Laugher wrote:
'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth'. As I get older it becomes appropriate again.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44am The Webmaster wrote:
I like O Come All Ye Faithful, especially the bit that gets louder and louder,
a close second is Ding Dong merrily On High

Shall I put some Christmas background music on here?

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44am Lewes Laugher wrote:
If we're talking about carols - 'In the Bleak Midwinter'.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 11:03am zola wrote:
Yep.As long as we can switch it off!!

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:48pm Bad santa on 5 wrote:
so many carols and so many films, but bad santa wins, just fro elf. . .

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44pm Frak wrote:
Fairytale of New York by a mile, although I've just been introduced to Carol of the bells and I rather like that too.

On 12 Dec 2008 at 6:50pm Drone wrote:
I like the old Sussex carol " Shepherds Arise"

On 12 Dec 2008 at 10:08pm Marmite wrote:
Winter Wonderland - Macy Grace all the way

On 13 Dec 2008 at 12:37pm Lopster wrote:
Spaceman Came Travelling
Scrooge
(at the moment)

On 13 Dec 2008 at 4:24pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", available on you-tube and is one of the worst films ever made (so bad it's hilarious)

On 14 Dec 2008 at 8:37pm Pearlie wrote:
I drove all over Cornwall last year looking for a copy of 'It;s a Wonderful Life', truly I did. I looked right up to Christmas Eve, so upset was I not to have it. Christmas was not the same without it. It's magic.This year I will be packing it before anything else......
If we're talking Christmas songs any of the above get my vote - the Pogues, Greg Lake, Mc Cartney etc....the only one I object to is 'Do they know it's Christmas time' as I used to work in Virgin and they tortured me with it 50 times a day for 5 weeks in 2006.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bottleneck House 13:132
Bottleneck House

Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Shoobie, doobie, do wop Pop, pop, shoo wop Thank you BBC more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare