Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Favourite Christmas Song/Carol

On 11 Dec 2008 at 12:25am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I like "Silver Bells" (the Gene Autry version in particular)

On 11 Dec 2008 at 1:48am Zola wrote:
Tha Angel Gabriel from heaven came.....His wings as drifted snow his eyes as flame.De dah de dah de dah de dah de dah dah dah,Most highly flavoured lady...Gloria. Is that a Christmas song Spin...? I loved that song.I sang alto.Long time ago.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:23am expat wrote:
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues. Not very traditional so I'll also put Silent Night. I had to sing it solo one Christmas in Malling Church and I was reeeeally good, but not as good as Nelly the old lady who used to sing in the row behind me and scare the sh*t out of me cos she smelled fishy and breathed down my neck. Also like Little Drummer boy with Bing and Bowie.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:57am Lord Landport wrote:
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues everyday
If I hear this I get very festive

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:21am Its Not Rocket Science wrote:
The Pogues have to be top of the list but I also have a soft spot for 'I believe in Father Christmas' by Greg Lake as it reminds me of Christmas when I was a kid.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:59am Digga wrote:
For me it would have to be Jona Lewie - "Stop The Cavalry" or Paul McCartney - "Wonderful Christmastime"

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:36am Mystic Mog wrote:
I must say for me that the Pogues song is the worst Xmas song along with Away in a Manger when sung by young children. For me Hark the herald angels sing is the best carol.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:38am Lewes Laugher wrote:
'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth'. As I get older it becomes appropriate again.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44am The Webmaster wrote:
I like O Come All Ye Faithful, especially the bit that gets louder and louder,
a close second is Ding Dong merrily On High

Shall I put some Christmas background music on here?

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44am Lewes Laugher wrote:
If we're talking about carols - 'In the Bleak Midwinter'.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 11:03am zola wrote:
Yep.As long as we can switch it off!!

On 11 Dec 2008 at 9:48pm Bad santa on 5 wrote:
so many carols and so many films, but bad santa wins, just fro elf. . .

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:44pm Frak wrote:
Fairytale of New York by a mile, although I've just been introduced to Carol of the bells and I rather like that too.

On 12 Dec 2008 at 6:50pm Drone wrote:
I like the old Sussex carol " Shepherds Arise"

On 12 Dec 2008 at 10:08pm Marmite wrote:
Winter Wonderland - Macy Grace all the way

On 13 Dec 2008 at 12:37pm Lopster wrote:
Spaceman Came Travelling
Scrooge
(at the moment)

On 13 Dec 2008 at 4:24pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", available on you-tube and is one of the worst films ever made (so bad it's hilarious)

On 14 Dec 2008 at 8:37pm Pearlie wrote:
I drove all over Cornwall last year looking for a copy of 'It;s a Wonderful Life', truly I did. I looked right up to Christmas Eve, so upset was I not to have it. Christmas was not the same without it. It's magic.This year I will be packing it before anything else......
If we're talking Christmas songs any of the above get my vote - the Pogues, Greg Lake, Mc Cartney etc....the only one I object to is 'Do they know it's Christmas time' as I used to work in Virgin and they tortured me with it 50 times a day for 5 weeks in 2006.

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Pells 121:132
The Pells

It's a long time since the U.S.was the only outpost of freedom from the tyrannical rule of Europe. The usury mongers soon got... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy