Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Family friendly place to stay

On 5 Jan 2017 at 9:35pm Karine wrote:
Hello, could anyone recommend a family friendly place to stay in Lewes? There are lots of lovely B&Bs, hotels, etc, but I am not quite sure. We have a 3 years old and a 5 years old..Many thanks
On 5 Jan 2017 at 10:18pm Angel wrote:
You could book a family room in the premier inn ? Centre of town, consistent standards and reasonable prices. Your other option would be to try and hire something through airbnb.
On 5 Jan 2017 at 10:27pm Marco wrote:
You could try one of the lovely B and B's

Check it out here »
On 5 Jan 2017 at 10:33pm B&B Landlady wrote:
I have the perfect place for you Karine. Kay Andrew runs Aleberry near the Dorset in the Cliffe. She has a king sized room and a nearby children's twin, and it sounds as if it's just what you're looking for. There's also a sitting room, and baby-sitting too if you need that.
On 5 Jan 2017 at 10:37pm B&B Landlady wrote:
For some reason the link didn't publish. It's www . aleberry . co . uk, but I'll try posting it again.
Still not working: google Aleberry B&B Lewes and you'll find it
PS: In order to pre-empt the inevitable shower of abuse from the forum regulars, I am not the owner but I know the set-up there and I am absolutely certain it will be streets ahead of the Premier Inn!

Check it out here »
On 6 Jan 2017 at 12:06am Angel wrote:
I've stayed in many b and bs with my kids and family rooms in the premier inn. The premier inn wins every time - very clean, comfortable beds, air conditioned/heated, modern bathrooms, power showers etc etc. at very good prices. The most I've paid was 90 a night - peak season in Central Edinburgh. I don't doubt your friend has a nice place but it won't be 'streets ahead'. I'm a complete convert to PI having been very sceptical and even snobbish before I tried them. Really I should buy shares!
On 6 Jan 2017 at 12:37am B&B landlady wrote:
I've stayed in plenty of Premier Inns in my time as well, and they're very good. However Aleberry offers a private suite of rooms for a family, with separate bedrooms, a separate sitting room with tv, and a baby-sitting service. That sounds a lot more accommodating than a single family room, however you look at it. Plus you get free breakfasts....
On 6 Jan 2017 at 7:11am karine wrote:
Thank you everyone for getting back to me, much appreciated. I will have a look at your suggestions.
On 6 Jan 2017 at 7:34am Blatant wrote:
Angel. Do you troll for Aqua as well?
On 6 Jan 2017 at 10:56am Angel wrote:
No, never been to Aqua. I'm quite open about my liking for PI. I'll do the same for any business I like if someone wants a recommendation. The Aleberry B and B sounds great too, and if I didn't already live in Lewes I'd want to try it.
On 6 Jan 2017 at 5:48pm Barry Kent wrote:
Google 'self-catering accommodation in Lewes'. There are houses/cottages available.

On 7 Jan 2017 at 9:41am Harry Essex wrote:
Good one Barry, kind regards Harry.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

English view 35:143
English view

Yes, at the time Maria Caulfield wrote me a long email telling me what a wonderful job Network Rail were doing and how we would... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare