Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Facebook advice

On 15 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm Private wrote:
Call me a dinosaur but at the age of 40 I've never been on Facebook.
So last week I joined. I didnt really need to, but it seems everyone I know keeps making references about Facebook in their conversation so I thought I'd join and see what I'm missing.
As soon as I joined I was inundated with messages from Facebook suggesting people I might know. Indeed they were people I know, so out of pure curiosity I started clicking on to their profiles. Before I knew it, I'd spent an entire evening being astounded at people's pictures documenting them having an amazing, exciting, incredible, loads-of-fun filled life. But what astounded me was that I know all these people and know them to lead very ordinary lives.
So, have I been spun in to a world where people are secretly living these exciting lives and posting pictures as proof whilst appearing to be leading entirely un-exciting lives in real life? Or is everyone genuinely having way much more fun than I'm having?!
On 15 Aug 2018 at 10:03pm Student wrote:
Wait till you go on twater now that is garbage
On 15 Aug 2018 at 10:30pm Heard it all wrote:
If you've managed so far leave it alone. I don't use it. I don't use any social media whatsoever.
On 15 Aug 2018 at 11:05pm Mavis wrote:
@ heard it all what is this then ? Anti social media ?
On 15 Aug 2018 at 11:21pm Andrea wrote:
Mavis the difference is on here you don't have to give out any information or data to an international organisation that will use it for their own benefit.
On 16 Aug 2018 at 6:58am Boom wrote:
@private. Whilst the friends you may know may not lead very exciting lives, the days that they do something exciting they will share it on Facebook. So of course their Facebook will be full of those few days where they go out. Rather than the boring days where they are sat at home eating a TV dinner in their underwear. Not sure anyone would want to document that and share it on Facebook!
On 16 Aug 2018 at 8:59am Adam wrote:
Ooh I wish they would; some of my sister's friends who are my Facebook friends are really fit!
On 16 Aug 2018 at 12:04pm and Eve it wrote:
Would you ?
On 16 Aug 2018 at 8:16pm Book face wrote:
Itís one of the negatives of social media for many people. You look and see everybody leading what seems to be a very happy and fulfilling life that seems so much better than your own. As Boom says, thatís because people donít generally post the dull or bad stuff so you only see the good bits.
Anybody whoís a catholic will understand that Facebook is the view of your family that you give the local priest, not the times that your mum throws dinner at your dad because hes pawned her wedding ring again and spent the money in the bookies.

On 16 Aug 2018 at 10:16pm Father Facebook wrote:
So it is.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

roboqueen 110:142
roboqueen

It's hard to decide who is the funniest on here: 'Chicken Licken' Cool Hand Luke or 'Street Fighting Man' Sensible. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo