Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

FREE online self-employment course for women who a

On Wed 10 Feb at 1:54pm Helen wrote:
Enterprise Junction are offering a FREE online self-employment course for women over 50yrs who live in the Lewes District. Each participant will also receive support from a Business Advisor.
There are 10 spaces available. The start date will be Mid-March to early April 2021
For further information please email: helen@enterprisejunction.org.uk

On Wed 10 Feb at 8:31pm Cedric wrote:
Is this a U.K. based ‘charity’ as requested donations appear to be in $ ?
Also one of the funders is listed as : The Sussex Police & Crime Commissioner’s Community Safety Fund which doesn’t seem to be listed on their records of funding.
.......just asking.

Check it out here »

On Fri 12 Feb at 11:48am The Old Mayor wrote:
That's a bit sexist, they wouldn't like it if it was men only

On Fri 12 Feb at 11:13pm Basil wrote:
Isn't this an ad?Can anyone post ads on the forum?

On Sat 13 Feb at 10:28am Nick wrote:
Old Mayor, just identify yourself as female and they can’t stop you going. It’s the way of the world these days.

On Sun 14 Feb at 9:47am Mark wrote:
I self-identify as a cat who lives in Malta and sleeps on doorsteps in the sunshine. This is my human right.

On Sun 14 Feb at 11:57am Tom Pain wrote:
How strange that only men have commented. The " Lewes District" suggests Lewes District Council, which I initially presumed . Of course its nothing to do with them. The Sussex Community Foundation is in Western Road , that's all. It looks like a nice little earner.

On Tue 16 Feb at 4:34pm Helen wrote:
Thank you for your comments. I thought that I would clarify the reason why the course is for women only. It is because funding pots are focused on specific groups that we have to comply with. If you are interested we will soon be launching a very simliar course for both men and women. If you would like some more information please not hestiate to contact me at helen@enterprisejunction.org.uk

On Sun 21 Feb at 1:56pm IDM wrote:
Cedric- it also uses "advisor" and US date format. It is obviously trying to hide the fact that it is really US.
The Old Mayor - a bit ageist too.
It might be free to start with; but what happens if you want to complete the course, or are "advised" to consolidate skills by paying for a further course? I am advising younger friends to have nothing to do with it.

On Sun 21 Feb at 8:37pm Nevillman wrote:
I highly disagree IDM. All looks fine to me. I'm sure many people will get a lot out of it. I would expect Tom to come out with this conspiracy stuff but not you.

On Tue 23 Feb at 7:38pm IDM wrote:
Quite right, Nevillman; I should not have speculated about Scientology style course charging based on no evidence whatsoever.

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

Can anyone tell me what "globalist" means? Is it a term of insult? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine