Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

[Even more] reasons to love Lewes

On 28 Oct 2008 at 10:50am SG wrote:
I was just reading the post about An Economist spilling his Bonfire Boy, and the nice guys at Harveys giving him a couple of replacements.
What else do you find in Lewes that just makes you step back and think "I love this place"?
For me, it's the fact that over the last two weeks I've walked past a string quartet outside Bill's, Morris dancers outside John Harvey Tavern, and native American street performers outside WHSmiths. Most bizarre.

On 28 Oct 2008 at 12:13pm Taff wrote:
Why are these events bizarre SG. We are a multicultural community after all.

On 28 Oct 2008 at 2:41pm Smiler wrote:
We even have Welsh people posting on here!

On 28 Oct 2008 at 3:07pm Taff wrote:
It is Lewes in bonfire season and SG only raised the thing seen at almost any other time of year?
Bore Da Smiler, or as they say down under G'Day.

On 28 Oct 2008 at 7:26pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
To elaborate on Taff's comment, I've always loved the build up to the crescendo of Bonfire (although it has been significantly reduced in recent years).
As for the Native American street performers???? It was a bunch of chaps from South America dressed up as CSBS - they even played their Andean pipes!

On 28 Oct 2008 at 7:28pm FA wrote:
Please see the "seal seen in the ouse" thread for what sums up the best things about this town

On 29 Oct 2008 at 12:52pm pyromaniac wrote:
Plus FA you hate bonfire

On 2 Nov 2008 at 1:25am Lopster wrote:
I love Lewes 'cos the pubs are SOOO empty on Friday and Saturday nights...

On 2 Nov 2008 at 9:43pm SG wrote:
I just moved here from Seaford, where all we get is Dom Partridge on a Saturday afternoon. What I was saying was that I love how varied the town is, not that there was anything wrong with it...

On 4 Nov 2008 at 11:58am freqeist1 wrote:
I agree with Taff, its not bizarre at all, its what always goes on in Lewes, thats why we like it, multi-cultural etc

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes reality 81:143
Lewes reality

Are they going as Justin Trudeau? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo