Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Even more drugs!

On 4 Oct 2016 at 7:35am Mascara Snake wrote:
Just kidding.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 8:41am Pedro's Doctor wrote:
Tobacco and cannabis share some of the same chemical 'nasties', so, like smoking tobacco, smoking cannabis can make asthma worse, can cause wheezing in people without asthma and can lead to lung cancer. Like tobacco, it's also addictive. If you develop a tolerance and try to stop using cannabis, you may experience withdrawal symptoms like mood changes, cravings, difficulty sleeping or sweating and shaking. Not nice.
Regular cannabis use puts you at risk of later developing psychotic illnesses including schizophrenia. If you have a family background of mental illness, you may also have an increased risk.
Some people use cannabis to relieve the symptoms of multiple sclerosis or chronic pain.
Cannabis is an illegal class B drug. The maximum penalty for possession is five years in prison, and for supply you can get 14 years in prison. You can get an unlimited fine for both.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 8:49am News shocker wrote:
And in breaking news in Lewes forums smoking causes respiratory illness.
Someone's learnt to copy and paste...
On 4 Oct 2016 at 8:54am Pedro's Doctor wrote:
yes from an impartial website....did you not see the mental illness part or do you have selective eyesight?
On 4 Oct 2016 at 8:54am Bryan wrote:
Oh oh catch that buzz
Love is the drug I'm thinking of
Oh oh can't you see
Love is the drug, got a hook in me
Oh oh catch that buzz
Love is the drug I'm thinking of
Oh oh can't you see
Love is the drug for me
On 4 Oct 2016 at 9:16am Pedro wrote:
It would seem I've made a bit of an impression on someone on this forum, dying for my attention - cute

I've never smoked marijuana properly in my life. I've only ever vaped or had cannabis edibles, both far far safer and better for lung health than smoking (anything). I would strongly advocate vaping over smoking for health and efficiency reasons, as well as vastly reducing the smell. This applies to both tobacco and cannabis. The evidence though for lung health and respiratory issues is overwhelmingly negative for smoking tobacco, where as cannabis (even smoking it) has shown in recent studies no adverse effects on lung heath even over a long period of over 20 years use - with potential to even protect lungs.

Often when people smoke a joint, they will use both a mixture of tobacco and cannabis for optimum combustion. This is not required when vaping, you just vape the bud. Much cleaner and smoother.

If you want to compare tobacco though to cannabis, the former is far more addictive - only heroin and crack are more addictive than tobacco. Cannabis simply isn't in the same league (its not even in the top 10 of addictive drugs) and the minority that find themselves dependent on cannabis do not have anywhere near the same degree of life-threatening physical dependence and addiction as there is for alcohol (another more addictive drug).
On 4 Oct 2016 at 9:42am Zebedee wrote:
Coffee is more addictive than pot. Unlike pot coffee is even physically addictive.

Check it out here »
On 4 Oct 2016 at 9:44am Truth seeker wrote:
Thanks for the link Zebedee. @ 'Pedro's Doctor' Can you provide links to back up your assertions? Thaks.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 10:14am Pedro's dr wrote:
What a laugh you skunk heads are, comparing nescafe to a class b drug. Still not surprising considering the cognitive impairments you must have by now.

Check it out here »
On 4 Oct 2016 at 10:15am Pedro's dr wrote:
Try giving up. Bet u cant

Check it out here »
On 4 Oct 2016 at 10:25am Pedro wrote:
I went weeks without it only recently, without a problem. I found it much much harder to give up booze, and I wasn't even drinking that much alcohol. Coffee is the same, I get headaches if I go a few days without it. I drink more coffee than I vape cannabis - which is just something I do a few evenings per week.

Is it possible to become dependent on cannabis? Sure, but its much rarer than nearly any other drug you care to mention, with no long term consequences, and any withdrawal is often fairly innocuous and short term. Try getting an alcoholic to give up booze, or a cigarette smoker to give up a 20-a-day habit - then you know what addiction truly is - it can cause genuine physical and mental distress - which can do harm to a recovering patient even just to withdraw cold turkey.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 11:09am bored wrote:
Stop comparing your selfish, irresponsible habit to other substances, on and on you go - you know the risks, you know it's against the law and you know if it was more freely available there is a greater chance of it damaging our young people's mental health, in some cases permanently.
Is your life so sad and pathetic that you have to smoke an illegal, harmful substance with a small child in your house?
One can only wish the law catches up with you.

On 4 Oct 2016 at 11:12am Pedro's dr wrote:
You seem to ignore the scientific research that confirms long term effects on brain function and instead choose to deflect the focus onto other drugs such as tobacco.
If you choose to harm yourself in such a way and break the law that's up to you, just stop trying to push your habit onto others.
Here is a challenge for you pedro. Stop your habit for 3 months and donate the savings to a drugs charity and perhaps a family torn apart by the terrible effects of drug addiction may benefit.
That's all folks.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 11:13am Ben wrote:
A final sum up.
Alcohol is far worse for health than weed in every respect, mentally and physically.
If alcohol is legal, then there is no argument on earth to justify weed being illegal.
The end.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 11:27am Pedro wrote:
@ "my" dr - i'm not ignoring any research, I'm interested to hear all of it, good and bad. It would seem that the only mild risks which you have been so keen to promote here, are if you have been smoking (not vaping), and in very high quantities for many decades which include throughout adolescence. Since I started up in my early 30s, and only vape, and in moderation - I don't consider it much of a risk factor.

@ bored - its already "freely available" just on the black market which potentially exposes children to genuine criminals. If it was regulated like alcohol and tobacco is, then its less likely to end up in childrens hands. Drug rate use in countries that have legalised or de-criminalised substances have shown no significant increase since laws were passed. Stop scaremongering and work with facts instead. Portugal has seen a DECREASE in drug use since 2001.

@ Ben - agreed, but that argument doesn't carry any weight for the finger wagging authoritarians who don't have science, common sense or logic on their side.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 11:57am bender wrote:
That's because it's not an argument it's a boring deflection used by dopeheads who couldn't care less about the harmful effects of alcohol but are happy to talk about it as long as it allows them to further their grubby aims of making weed more available. If your brains weren't so rotted you would be able to see that.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 12:29pm Lewes Voter 3 wrote:
Lads in my mate's old firm in Liverpool would love to stay in my house and sort the trouble out on the streets privately. Useless police
On 4 Oct 2016 at 12:39pm Hyena wrote:
'Pedro' I'm sure the anagram is intentional ?
On 4 Oct 2016 at 12:41pm Pedro wrote:
@bender - why are you using multiple usernames to make your point? I think if anyone perhaps needs to worry about their mental health, is you.

Using alcohol's legality is one of many arguments, which is no deflection and is a perfectly legitimate point, is to address the outdated stigma unnecessarily attached to cannabis. Myself and others on here, have made many other points as to why cannabis is legal, you are just trying to discredit us by being selective and claiming all we ever talk about is "alcohol" and its dangers. Perhaps if you were to finally address the "alcohol" conundrum, we would stop raising as one of the key points. You're not even a good troll.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 12:43pm Pedro wrote:
@Hyena - what anagram? Doper? It wasn't intentional, but very good.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 1:01pm Pedro wrote:
So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll and using multiple usernames. Looks like the drug induced paranoia is setting in. I'd lay off the stuff for a bit if i were you
On 4 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm Former Pedro wrote:
@fake Pedro
You are using multiple usernames, even to the point where you have now registered "Pedro" it as your own. Kind of a little weird don't you think?

You must admit, your behaviour is concerning? Using other peoples usernames (perhaps I should have registered it, but I didn't think I'd have a stalker). You think I should lay off the weed, but if you can't see your own actions are a bit bonkers then you probably need some form of medication or at least counselling.
On 4 Oct 2016 at 1:46pm Bullfrog wrote:
Back on track : Although studies have demonstrably proven smoking tobacco has caused lung cancer and many lung diseases, studies so far have failed to identify an association between cannabis SMOKE (so not even the safer vapour) and elevated risks of smoking-related cancers such as of the lung and neck - even among subjects who have smoked more than 22k joints in their lifetime.

Pedro
On 4 Oct 2016 at 2:42pm St. Bollard wrote:
You appear to have mispelt your name.... bullsh1t
On 5 Oct 2016 at 9:29am Dr robert wrote:
No, not bullsheet! Bullfrog, pls post a list to where you read that, otherwise it's just another claim. Substantiate it, man! Share with link, and shut them up!
On 5 Oct 2016 at 9:31am Pedro wrote:
Your wish is my command :

Check it out here »
On 5 Oct 2016 at 9:36am Bullfrog aka Pedro wrote:
Dr Robert, link supporting claims above via "Pedro".

I'm finding this forum to be hugely flakey. I tried to register the Bullfrog name, which worked yesterday when I made the posts, but now can't log in under that name! So just reverted to "Pedro", which works again normally. The forum can't seem to make its mind up when it works and when it glitches. Perhaps I'm using the wrong browser.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 10:02am Dr robert wrote:
Pedro! Now u'v gone and invited comments along the lines of 'too stoned to sort it out!'
On 5 Oct 2016 at 10:13am Pedro wrote:
@ Dr Robert - You could well be right (they are relying on anything to discredit me, rather than the actual arguments which they have sparse comebacks for), but I'm genuinely facing login difficulties on this forum, and I've worked in IT for years! I've asked Webbo though to help...I did post the link as you requested though!

The discussion is fine to continue, and its a shame that there are people out there who wish to hijack it by whatever way possible, but I won't be silenced! (whether I am here as Bullfrog or Pedro!)/
On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:10pm . wrote:
Pedro you sound increasingly paranoid and egotistical. There have been excellent arguments against your evasive posturing and you don't seem to be able to grasp the central fact that this drug is dangerous and that you are a willing law breaker who is selfishly engaging in a criminal activity. It is already defacto 'legalised' as you yourself have attested to with the pathetic non engagment of our supposed police force - therefore the only ones to stand from *official* legalisation is multinational corporations and cynical businessmen who will be able to market this dangerous drug in every shop and internet store and make billions out of illness and misery.
You have no respect for law, no respect for the health of society and no respect for individuals and their families who have been destroyed through drug abuse.

On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:36pm Jeff wrote:
Cancer: It's not news that marijuana helps cancer patients when they undergo chemotherapy, but a 2012 study found that marijuana can play a role in curing aggressive cancer. Or rather, a marijuana compound "can stop metastasis in some kinds of aggressive cancer." This wasn't the first study of its kind, as researchers in the U.K. have successfully killed cancer cells in leukemia patients using marijuana. How does it work? According to the journal Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, marijuana turns off the gene and in turn, stops cancer.

Arthritis: Marijuana is a potent pain killer and it even helps with rheumatoid arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. In 2011, researchers announced that patients with rheumatoid arthritis reported less pain, more sleep, and reduced inflammation when taking marijuana.

Sounds good to me

Check it out here »
On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:37pm Dr robert wrote:
Your brilliantly written post again hides behind claims u do not support with links to evidence. Opinions are worthless, everyone has them.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:39pm Dr robert wrote:
Sorry, my last was reply to whoever signs themselves '.'
On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:57pm . wrote:
Another closed mind who is ignorant of the counter arguments. What bit don't you agree with? Everything I said can be backed up evidence quite easily if you bothered to look for yourself.
On 5 Oct 2016 at 12:58pm Pedro wrote:
This is exactly the issue - there is little chance of having an adult conversation and debate with certain posters on these forums. They are not doing any justice to the anti-drug campaign either, more making a mockery of it. Instead of focusing on the arguments in hand, they resort to uninformed stereotypes or ad-hominem attacks attempting to belittle and discredit those they are "arguing" with. Its a way of distracting from the positive arguments made, and distorting it with irrelevant nonsense.

Fortunately for most observing, its perfectly transparent what they are trying to do (its like Fox News, the Lewes branch). But I guess they'll just retort that i am "paranoid and egotistical" - probably due to my "excessive" drug taking - its all quite predictable and laughable. Engaging them with sensible coherent arguments, and you get either repetition, screams or insults in return.

On 5 Oct 2016 at 1:31pm The Old Mayor wrote:
@Pedro I must say I admire your patience
On 5 Oct 2016 at 2:22pm Pedro wrote:
@ The Old Mayor - thanks! Perhaps it is the cannabis that is helping me retain my composure!

(Fully expect the instant "thumbs down" from the usual suspects for this light hearted comment)
On 5 Oct 2016 at 2:46pm Dr robert wrote:
Here is an interesting link, especially for those who call more more enforcement: www.ukleap.org

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Pells Pool Perspective 97:132
Pells Pool Perspective

Ignoring unhelpful name calling and relying on government statistics which show that the delta variant is the Indian variant... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
There are no ordinary moments
Dan