frame-src 'self' data:

Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Euthanasia

On 10 Dec 2008 at 9:10pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I do not have access to Sky so cannot watch tonights programme about the service that the Swiss company/charity Dignitas provide.
Does anybody have any strong views about euthanasia?

On 10 Dec 2008 at 9:26pm The Super K wrote:
All for it!!!! I certainly wouldn't want to live my life relying on my partner to do everything for me.
I think our current set up is good enough though... If someone wants to do it they travel abroad. the "loved ones" that go with them might be prosecuted when they get back, so that put the one that arent serious about it off!!.
Will never happen here though!!! You can even Smoke yourself to death here!!! :p

On 10 Dec 2008 at 10:01pm Lopster wrote:
absolutely- why become a burden (emotionally and financially) on your loved ones - or indeed the state - why live in permanent pain relying on others to carry out basic daily tasks for you - if there is an option to take a comfortable way out then surely it should be allowed - we put down animals that are in serious pain or extremely disabled and with no prospect of a half-decent quality of life - why should humans not be allowed to make the same choice for themselves

On 11 Dec 2008 at 7:50am SHS wrote:
I see a business opportunity with euthanasia buyers helping to protect bees by paying farmers to burn stubble. Thank you for pointing this out, Super K.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 8:10am muriel wrote:
In the space of two years I watched my mother die slowly and painfully of lung cancer (shortly before her 1st grandchild was born),and then I was there when my dog was put to sleep.It was only then I saw how unfair the law is.

On 11 Dec 2008 at 10:43am Lewes Laugher wrote:
I wish I could be certain one way or the other. I agree with what other people have said on here but I also - to my surprise - found myself agreeing with Gordon Brown when he said he would not like elderly or sick people to be put in the position where they thought they had to be put down (my words, not his).

On 11 Dec 2008 at 7:15pm Mr Bone wrote:
Just pop in the Lewes Arms you will soon lose the will to live

On 12 Dec 2008 at 7:43pm Lewes Laugher wrote:
See what I mean - I wouldn't like to be sitting in a pub thinking perhaps I should end it all.

On 12 Dec 2008 at 8:31pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
It is interesting that (so far) no-one has expressed any view against euthanasia.

On 13 Dec 2008 at 11:56am The Super K wrote:
My Bad......... it was supose to say......You CAN'T even Smoke yourself to death here!!! :p
Lewes laughter.... I don't think depressed people are considered terminally ill and therefor not legible for it..... although it might make the world a happier place if they all topped themselves!!! Every cloud has a silver lining.

On 13 Dec 2008 at 12:56pm Baron Samedi wrote:
I tried it once - didn't like it - not all its made out to be

26 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Queen clown 99:132
Queen clown

Does anyone know the owner of a ginger cat on Hamsey Crescent that wears a blue/yellow or blue/grey collar? It is quite skinny... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell