Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Especially for that font of accuracy, S'overQueen

On 31 May 2015 at 11:27pm Local wrote:
This is the first answer that come up in google. It matches what my "third hand" mate told me;
www.policemag.co.uk/updates/1925.aspx
Let's hear his altogether more important and accurate version of the truth, shall we...
On 31 May 2015 at 11:35pm numerate wrote:
She's also corrected here:
Bit silly of her to fail to understand her own link.
Another face palm moment for the daft bat.

Check it out here »
On 1 Jun 2015 at 1:02am Local wrote:
I'm still not convinced it's a "she".
On 1 Jun 2015 at 6:46am Paul Newman wrote:
Ouch . No excuse for wrong facts nowadays its so easily checked .(Mark take note)
On 1 Jun 2015 at 7:39am Voter 3 wrote:
When I see people resorting to name-calling, as is happening on this thread, I wish they'd learn some manners, get an allotment, go out and do some REAL work with their hands until they're too exhausted to type. Quoting sources politely for advantage in a debate, even with humour, is one thing. But silly name-calling is below the belt. Use language you would be proud to use in Parliament or a public discussion, or go away and take lessons in growing up. At the moment, the writers who opened this thread are a fetid blot on my town.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 8:17am Celine wrote:
Hear, hear Voter 3. The interest in SQs gender also smacks of a bad dose of misogyny.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 8:26am numerate wrote:
Voter 3 clearly hasn't listened to any parliamentary debates. And what is 'fetid blot' if not a lame example of name calling?
Also let's not forget that Southover Drama Queen would attract a lot less criticism if her own posts did not drip with condescension. The woman does not like to be disagreed with and she has little hesitation in resorting to name calling herself.
Finally Voter 3 and Celine, don't you think you're being a bit patronising towards her yourselves? Surely she's adult enough to speak up for herself, no?
On 1 Jun 2015 at 8:48am Celine wrote:
If she's got any sense, which I think she probably has, she will ignore your nasty misogynistic posts.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 9:02am numerate wrote:
Calling her up for her inability to understand facts that were printed in plain black and white is not misogynistic - it's merely demanding that she uphold the same standards that she applies to everybody that disagrees with her.
It's only 'misogynistic' in the eyes of people that don't expect women to have the same aptitude as men for statistical analysis.
Now why don't you stop speaking for her and allow her to speak for herself? You do agree that she's mature enough to do so, don't you? Don't you?
On 1 Jun 2015 at 9:07am Mark wrote:
Mea culpa, Mr Sword, my life is so ordered that voluminous google research is precluded. A quick search turned up what I suspect was actually American data. Hence my tendency to rely on qualitative data. The point about the proportion of strikes that are private sector stands and your premise that public sector unions have any meaningful affect on wage levels remains incorrect, I feel. My father used to say that one should never temper an apology with excuses!
On 1 Jun 2015 at 9:08am Paul Newman wrote:
We shall take it the endless ad hominem slurs on my house,my wife my supposedly perverse sexuality,appearance,outright lies of all sorts and sinister stalking constitute Parliamentary behavior of the first order then.....
I must have missed that day.

On 1 Jun 2015 at 9:12am The Old Mayor wrote:
Good to see everyone's back at work today !
On 1 Jun 2015 at 10:32am numerate wrote:
Somebody doesn't like being pulled up on howlers that they condescendingly insisted were actually correct.
Doesn't like being corrected, does the old girl. Tsk!

Check it out here »
On 1 Jun 2015 at 10:41am original voter wrote:
What amazes me is that people write this stuff with so little self awareness that they think the rest of us will be impressed.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 12:16pm Rightmove wrote:
What is so nasty about this thread is that like all of us SQ seems to have made a numerical error. SQ has even agreed when she is wrong. (unlike others, Paul '"a quick look at Rightmove" Newman! ).
I got at least 20% of my O Level maths questions wrong, but that doesn't mean that my opinions are worthless and cannot be substantiated .

On 1 Jun 2015 at 12:25pm Fetid Blot wrote:
LOL
On 1 Jun 2015 at 12:45pm Special needs must wrote:
Do you lot need to be so formal in your abuse of SQ? Specially for....... would be less formal and nicer for her.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 12:52pm numerate wrote:
SQ only agreed she was wrong when the error was pointed out to her in such clear terms that even her own stubborn instincts knew to throw in the white towel.
Her figures were called into question but rather than double checking them she condescendingly mocked her 'opponents' and (ineptly) linked to a file that she had failed to understand.
Nobody is being spiteful, nasty, abusive or misogynistic towards SQ. Nobody even cares about her gender. This is all about her attitude.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 1:56pm Local wrote:
Look at the last thread, Voter3. SQ was condescending about my post, but no-one should dare question what he/she posts? Typical of the smarmy know-all types who have infiltrated this town in recent years.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 2:01pm Southover Queen wrote:
Local, I've said I'm sorry. Continuing this discussion is abusive. Please stop now.

On 1 Jun 2015 at 2:03pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I don't get why so many seem to find SQ condescending, she's never struck me as condescending at all. Is it because she writes in proper sentences, with proper punctuation and all that?
If other regular posters were subjected to this degree of scrutiny and criticism for every slip they make, this forum would consist of nothing but slagging each other off (as opposed to the usual 30% of posts slagging each other off).
On 1 Jun 2015 at 2:31pm Old Bloke wrote:
@ Voter 3 - To**er
Some very sensitive people on here

On 1 Jun 2015 at 2:49pm Kettle wrote:
The glee in which a mistake has been crowed over, and the repeated mentions of gender, suggest that the poster(s) have a really teeny weeny problem.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 3:58pm Localbod wrote:
Webbo,
this has to be one of the all time nastiest threads. do you expect reasonable people to keep visiting this site?

On 1 Jun 2015 at 4:08pm numerate wrote:
A couple of things to note.
1 - This was not an error that SQ immediately corrected - anybody could have done that. (Although quite how anybody could think that a whole raft of people in a particular job were paying 30% of their gross salary into a pension scheme (without checking the figures several times) is beyond me.) SQ stuck to it and defended it condescendingly.
2 - It's her defenders that are constantly mentioning her gender. It's also referred to in her user name. It's actually irrelevant.
SQ had a very reasonable point about the justness (or otherwise) of people finding the terms of their pension agreements being altered. She used a misinterpretation of the data to support it.

On 1 Jun 2015 at 4:57pm Localbod wrote:
listen to yourself.
On 1 Jun 2015 at 5:57pm Old Bloke wrote:
Heaven forbid that someone should say boo to someone
Strange no complaints about another post representing the Tory government as Nazis
On 1 Jun 2015 at 6:04pm ernie wrote:
Numerate is making up for the fact he has a small penis
On 1 Jun 2015 at 7:21pm Old Bloke wrote:
Whatever turns you on Ernie
Strange that it's something that springs to your mind but each to his/her own
On 1 Jun 2015 at 11:11pm Belladonna wrote:
Numerate - you stirred the pot and got the result you wanted after repeatedly haranguing SQ. Even then you couldn't resist having yet another last word - I quote you -
"Good idea that you don't carry on. Wouldn't want to be coming out with any more howlers now, would you?
Stop whining just because you got caught out being extremely condescending to somebody you disagreed with.
Until you learn to debate civilly and actually take the time to check your own stats then perhaps it's best if you go away, no? "
You try to sound civil but the undertone of bitterness is there.
You may want to take your own advice and go away.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:59am Ernie wrote:
Numerate: Big mouth. small cock.

On 2 Jun 2015 at 7:31am numerate wrote:
You try to sound civil belladonna, yet.....
Believe it or not I thought SQ had a point with which I partially agreed but she stirred things up by condescendingly mocking the people disagreeing with her. When adopting such a position it really does help to be factually correct.
She said she was leaving the thread. All things considered that seemed like her best course of action. Had she had a better grasp of the facts from the start she would never have had cause to go on the offensive.
I do suggest you have a read of the thread again. Preferably from an objective point of view. Your partiality on the thread topic was quite obvious.
I also suggest you respect her wishes by letting the thread go. It's boring now and the original debate is long dead.

On 2 Jun 2015 at 9:45am superted wrote:
And its high time you shut up.

On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:17pm Old Bloke wrote:
Good Lord - Ernie is obsessed
It's not a crime any longer mate so feel free to express your inner desires openly rather than fantasising about posters
On 2 Jun 2015 at 12:33pm Local resident. wrote:
I guess that long after the rest of us have drifted off, or been driven away , Numerate will still be posting about the historic day he/she caught out SQ in the greatest ever exposure of a conspiracy to defraud Lewes Forum users. Numerate is perhaps the Woodward and Bernstein of Lewes Forum.
On 2 Jun 2015 at 1:38pm ernie wrote:
Good Lord - Old Bloke is obsessed
It's not a crime any longer mate so feel free to express your inner desires openly rather than fantasising about posters

1 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

@Dreamer Perhaps the answer to your question why does TP trot out the same old rubbish, repeatedly, without the slightest... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine