Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Entrance to festival site

On 16 Jul 2013 at 7:59am Green cows wrote:
I see that the website suggests the 'river' entrance as being the main entrance i.e. round Ham Lane then along the Cockshut stream then over a bridge which presumably they are building. 30 minute walk to get somewhere that's basically next to the football ground!
The alternative route, which is recommended for people coming from Spring Barn is along South St, under the railway line and in through the priory. Doesn't the priory route seem a lot shorter and easier for people coming from town???

Check it out here »
On 16 Jul 2013 at 9:35am Pink horses wrote:
If you go via South Street it might take you while numpty
On 16 Jul 2013 at 9:42am amy wrote:
Time now just to enjoy this event, no more moaning please very tiresome now. The weather is going to be great I am not going but know many people who are so all have a brilliant time.
On 16 Jul 2013 at 9:50am Head liner wrote:
I have tickets, I'm going and I can't wait. All the Mumford haters can do one. A weekend of Glasto stylee on our doorstep. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
On 16 Jul 2013 at 10:02am Spanghero wrote:
Vive The New Lewesians! All the 'born n bred' local locals can jog on. Cheer up or ship out. Looking forward to a top weekend.
On 16 Jul 2013 at 10:23am Rookie wrote:
I had a look over the wall last night. Lots of activity. The stage is built. loads of portalloos, marquees and other structures. Looking good/

On 16 Jul 2013 at 11:09am Green Cows wrote:
D'oh I mean priory st
On 16 Jul 2013 at 12:14pm Turnip Head wrote:
I think people are missing the point. While Mumford might be dull and emotionless to many there's not much hatred of them because it takes all sorts to make the world go round and some people have musical taste that leans towards the beige and that is fine, but the way the event has been organised is worthy of criticism.
I hope for your sake it's nothing like Glastonbury as the reviews of Mumford there weren't very positive.
On 16 Jul 2013 at 12:27pm amy wrote:
Turnip Head, stop it. Had to be someone to spoil it.
On 16 Jul 2013 at 1:42pm Green Cows wrote:
Personally I'm really looking forward to it. Not fussed by M&S but other bands on the line up are worth checking out - White Denim, Deap Vally and Edward Sharpe. Busy right now listening to Youth Lagoon and Bear's Den on spotify.
I think the organisation has been okay, give or take the issue over terms & condition. Maybe presenting the festival as a community event is what got people's expectations up to level where there's no way they can be met.

On 16 Jul 2013 at 6:36pm 8 miles from home wrote:
FatBoy Slim part 2 coming our way.

On 16 Jul 2013 at 8:38pm voice of britain wrote:
you aint got a clue div you and yer little tribe wont never boss this town

On 17 Jul 2013 at 12:01pm voice of britain wrote:
Apologies for the above. I think I must have overdone the White Lightening.
sorry.

On 17 Jul 2013 at 7:21pm voice of britain wrote:
another div using peoples identity

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewesian Sky 97:143
Lewesian Sky

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams