Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Enough

On 9 Nov 2016 at 6:33pm Lewes bonfire wrote:
I can't understand what is going on between lewes society's. ?? There used to be friendly rivalry which everyone used to enjoy. Why such hatred now ?? With all the haters of bonfire in lewes. And the police. You are all playing into there hands and destructing everything an older generation built. I'm urgeing that bonfire council step in and call an emergency meeting and thrash out everything before it goes to far. And there's no going back. Please all members wake up stop the crappy in fighting between each other.
On 9 Nov 2016 at 8:01pm Hmmmm. wrote:
Just when it was all like yesterday's chip paper you chip in , brilliant
On 9 Nov 2016 at 9:19pm Member wrote:
Seems to me that one Society's committee isn't able to control their members and officers, which is creating ill-feeling amongst the other societies. I fully agree that all should be united against the real enemy, but there is a mighty problem that's getting in the way of that no-brainer.
On 9 Nov 2016 at 9:29pm Reality wrote:
@lewes bonfire, it's because power corrupts (and because egos are at stake).
On 10 Nov 2016 at 8:30am The issue wrote:
Is people thinking the handful of posters putting stuff on here under a string of different usernames are indicative of the wider, several thousand strong bonfire community which of course they aren't. The overwhelming majority of bonfire boys are as they ever were, a close knit bunch who enjoy a friendly rivalry but who would also step in to help another society at the drop of a hat. Ignore the nonsense on here, it's just a small handful of idiots who mistakenly think they're funny.
On 10 Nov 2016 at 9:40pm Gerty wrote:
@member so what to do about it? My money is on them doing the bonfire guide again next year.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Through the Barbican 125:132
Through the Barbican

England's third test match against India starts today 9am till 5pm. Wed, Thurs, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week... With a... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams