Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Emily Thornberry and the Labour Party

On 7 Jan 2016 at 11:33am Mr Ryder wrote:
Mr Corbyn is destroying the Labour party with his rag tag bunch of militant trots and far left extremists and further alienating themselves with the British Public.
The worst is now appointing Emily Thornberry as Defence secretary, someone who once sneered at a house that had a St George flag and has taken a payment of £14,500 from a legal company involved in untrue allegations against servicemen in Afghanistan. I mean you couldn't make it up - what a complete and utter joke. They actually think we would vote her and Mr Corbyn into a position of power involved in the defence of our country?!
The Labour party will never win in 2020 with these extremist, sneering morons. It is incredibly important that we have an effective opposition and Mr Corbyn is letting the country down badly and letting the Tories operate without question.
Recent you gov poll:
YouGov Poll CON 39% LAB 29% UKIP 17% LDEM 6%
On 7 Jan 2016 at 12:02pm Mark wrote:
Best wishes for the new year Paul.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 1:15pm Town Flyer wrote:
As she has been voted in as MP since 2005 it looks as though her constituents ARE very much in favour of her.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 3:15pm Tingles wrote:
Corbyn obviously has a thing for fatties. Perhaps he likes being dominated by bbws. Probably keeps his bicycle clips on.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 3:58pm Clifford wrote:
Very shrill, Mr Newman. If Corbyn's Labour party is so bad and nobody is going to vote for them, why do you have to make such a fuss about them? Is there a little niggling sense in your mind that Cameron and Osborne have made such a mess of the economy...?
On 7 Jan 2016 at 4:17pm Mr Ryder wrote:
I'm not Mr Newman.
Hilarious that you think we shouldn't properly scrutinise a political party hoping to gain office and power, you must be a Corbynite.
I haven't mentioned or stated that I support the Conservative's so why make assumptions based on no evidence. I actually made the salient point that the Labour party, under the shambolic and destructive leadership of Mr Corbyn are unable to exercise the crucial role of providing effective opposition to government.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 4:20pm Humbert wrote:
Well said. They can't even provide an opposition to the established Green/Lib Dem dominance in Lewes.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 8:40pm Paul Newman wrote:
Emily Thornberry was my MP in Islington . She has criticised right to buy but also benefitted from it (massively )via her family , she criticised buy to let but has a small property empire of bought to let ( mostly to young SPADS and London Labour hangers on)
She criticised selective schools and tried to hide the fact she sent her own children to a Potter Bar Grammar school which by some obscure quirk had an intake form Islington.
She is a fat greedy slug of a woman with a sense of entitlement unmatched by the Dukes of the land . She is less stupid than Corbyn( who isn’t) but is an insider , part of the London Labour edifice that swills around in the cash and sinecures provided by its vast housing empire.
You have to remember that the 29% Labour are on is piled up in seats they already have . Ipso Mori reckon they need to actually be 13% ahead with this balance and new boundaries to win.
Remember every single Labour leader , including Foot was still in bounce this stage and the opposition should be benefiting form poor economic news and European splits .

I was reading Joe Haines ( Wilsons old fixer ) , he thinks if Labour don`t act pretty soon they will be down to 70 seats .I very much doubt that but its hard to see how any sane person could seriously vote for them .

PS Mr Ryder is not me, this is me
On 7 Jan 2016 at 9:17pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
No, I don't think Mr Ryde is Paul Newman, as his apostrophes were in the right place. Mr Newman always gives himself away by using the wrong symbol for an apostrophe - i.e didn`t instead if didn't.
Perhaps there are two people out there who have a pathological fear and loathing of Jeremy Corbyn.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 9:32pm Mark wrote:
There might indeed be two Lewesians with that sort of almost pathological hatred of JC but I still think that Mr Ryder is Newman. The use of statistics aimed at lending authority. The use of the phrase "couldn't make it up". It's one of his staples. I think that his punctuation might have just been under control during the day but might have gone to pot after an afterwork glass of wine. That's my theory.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 9:56pm Mr Ryder wrote:
I'm not Mr. Newman, why would he bother writing under two names? We both made our case against Corbyn , funny how you lot aren't able to debate the points in any way.
I don't have a hatred of Mr. Corbyn but I think it's clear he's not up to the job his team are an utter disgrace such as ms thorn berry outlined above.
I thought Paul made some good points try and debate him rather than sneering though it's what you corbynites do best when confronted with dissent against your revered leader.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 10:18pm Clifford wrote:
Mr Ryder wrote: 'I'm not Mr. Newman, why would he bother writing under two names?'

Presaumably to try to pretend there are two loonies in the town rather than tne on we've become used to.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm Mr Ryder wrote:
So anyone who disagrees with you is a 'loonie' ?
Very mature you uneducated baboon
The state of the left does make me laugh , no ability to debate properly and resorts to ad hominem attacks, shows how debased your party is.
On 7 Jan 2016 at 11:50pm Belladonna wrote:
I think you will find the right also engage in personal attacks. See Paul Newman misogynistic attack above " she is a fat greedy slug of a woman". Very nice
On 8 Jan 2016 at 8:10am Dripping Pan Stan wrote:
She does look a bit like Jabba The Hutt if we're being honest.
Corbyn is the best Labour leader the Conservatives have ever had. He appears so utterly clueless it's almost laughable.
On 8 Jan 2016 at 9:04am corbynista wrote:
Emily Thornberry did not sneer at a house with a cross of St George. That was a tabloid smear campaign against her. She tweeted 5 photos showing things that caught her eye in Strood and Rochester including a rather fetching bridge. The festooned house was one of them, but with no comment,sneering or otherwise.Tabloids used that to make up the story. I believe that she did get a child into a selective school, but the rest of the above character assassination seems to be made up. She is technically Lady Nugee as her husband got a Knighthood when he became a High Court Judge, but she is not particulary posh and when she was a barrister did only legal aid work. Personally, I don't think she is very impressive as a politician, but she appears to espouse policies of what used to be called the soft left, like public ownership of some infrastructure and utilities, but nothing beyond that and restoration of new labour programmes like sure start. She is anti renewal of trident, but to describe her or any of the shadow cabinet as a trotskyite is hysterical red baiting nonsense. Trotsky espoused Marxist Leninism- a state takeover of everything led by a workers party - the dictatorship of the proletariat. I do not know anyone in the labour party who believes in anything like that since the departure of Militant tendency entryists in the 80s.( they actually were trotskyists) The fact that the neoconservatives can get away with such smears as trot and hard left against those advocating a return to moderate social democratic policies, shows just how damaging the years of Blair, Brown and Mandelson have been to UK politics.
On 8 Jan 2016 at 9:42am Clifford wrote:
Mr Ryder wrote: 'So anyone who disagrees with you is a 'loonie' ?'

No Mr Newman, even if I didn't exist you'd still have loonie tendencies.
On 8 Jan 2016 at 9:55am Mr Ryder wrote:
I think a good description of a 'loonie' is thinking anyone who critiques the Labour party is Mr Newman.
You seem to have a bizarre fascination with this person..?
Corbynista: Emily Thornberry certainly did sneer at the house with a St George flag, its not some conspiracy, she's just an idiot.
Please enlighten me as to why you think she's qualified to be in charge of the defence of this country?
But I gather you are a classic europhile hoping we'll soon give that power over to the EU's new army currently being assembled so it won't matter who's defence secretary will it?
On 8 Jan 2016 at 12:43pm truth wrote:
anything better then selfservatives.

On 8 Jan 2016 at 1:25pm Town Flyer wrote:
PN must be Mr Ryder, they both put a space before commas and full stops. It's the little things....

On 8 Jan 2016 at 2:29pm Mr Ryder wrote:
Town Flyer:
Actually Mr Newman is a Pro EU Blairite - I am most emphatically not.
Speaking of Grammar if you're going to use ellipsis it's three dots not four.
As you said it's the little things...
On 8 Jan 2016 at 5:28pm PN wrote:
I`m not Ryder or Paul Newman and my pants are on fire.
On 8 Jan 2016 at 5:30pm Town Flyer wrote:
The use of four or more dots or simply two dots, which is often referred to as being more "informal" instead of the well established three dots, is acceptable as an ellipsis. So there.
The word grammar is not a proper noun however, and does not need to be italicised.

Bored now.
On 8 Jan 2016 at 5:33pm Town Flyer wrote:
Or even capitalised.

On 10 Jan 2016 at 7:24pm Old Bloke wrote:
Thoroughly enjoyed Mr Ryder wiping the floor with the resident Lewes equivalent of privileged Islington lefties

On 11 Jan 2016 at 7:14am corbynista wrote:
Mr Ryder. I saw the tweet from EmilyThornberry with the 5 pictures. There was no sneering. You obviously have just accepted the tabloid story.It is a good example of the problem with having press owned and controlled by a narrow section of society and a national broadcaster that tries to be neutral, but actually uses the press as a source of its news and politics agenda. It's a bit like the 'labour crashed the economy' lie. They did not (unless the crash of the US and Euro zone economies at the same time was an astonishing coincidence!),but there are lots of people who are now convinced it happened and Tories who repeat the lie are rarely challenged.

11 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys Brewery Lewes 39:132
Harveys Brewery Lewes

It has, more‘s the pity: “Sad to announce that, due to the Coronavirus crisis, we have no choice but to fold Viva Lewes Magazine,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington