Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Elephant and Castle

On 21 Feb 2010 at 8:09pm sameold wrote:
just driven by and its shut, anyone know why?

On 21 Feb 2010 at 9:18pm huw wrote:
Sorry for closing on you, we thought it would be a quiet night to have our staff party.

On 21 Feb 2010 at 9:26pm Jackdon wrote:
Don't Badmouth the Pelham. It's a great pub with great food and agreat welcome. It's A real benefit to the neighbourhood.

On 22 Feb 2010 at 9:09am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Doesn't sell Harvey's. That's what's wrong with it.

On 22 Feb 2010 at 12:48pm Jimmy wrote:
Pubs close regularly on a Sunday throughout the year especially winter as most people don't go on the razz sunday night due to work. Pubs don't want to have to pay staff for sitting around doing nothing all night loosing money.
Pubs in the top half of town are wise to close due to lack of business.
For example black horse and pelham. I dont understand why the kings head is open sunday evenings as it is always empty.
The brewers and the ellie are the only two pubs with a bit of atmosphere on a sunday night, all though I avoid the brewers like a bad cold due to the favouritism in the bar area and the "regulars" that are allowed to get off their face and cause all sorts of trouble, its a horrible place.

On 22 Feb 2010 at 4:05pm regular wrote:
I dont know where you get your info Jimmy but what a load of BOLL***S, the Brewers is a great pub and never any trouble in there. Great landlady, great staff and the regulars are never any trouble!!!!!!!

On 23 Feb 2010 at 9:37am huw wrote:
I've got to agree with regular.
The Brewers is, an always has been, a fantastically well run establishment.
Great beer, staff and atmosphere.

On 23 Feb 2010 at 11:28am Ed Can Do wrote:
I'm pretty sure the last time you were in the Brewers, Huw, was when we were both 16.

Not to say it's not a decent pub, I rather like it myself.

On 23 Feb 2010 at 2:39pm feebie wrote:
Loving this... I agree with regular/huw... and I can't wait to show this thread to Kathy up the Brewers, hilarious! Oh and I'm most likely one of the 'rebels' on a Sunday night up there - love it! Great fun and brilliant bar staff. Bring on the Brewers! :-D

On 23 Feb 2010 at 6:26pm Dave Hedgehog wrote:
The Brewers is full of your typical Townie designer label chav bit over the hill and not 21 anymore mentality however. But each to there own, the main thing is it keeps that type of person out of my watering hole!

On 24 Feb 2010 at 12:08am snowie wrote:
Dave, I presume you still drink in the Meridian then ;0)

On 25 Feb 2010 at 10:16am Dave Hedgehog wrote:
Yeah but because it's closed i have to use a crowbar to gain entry! But seriously the beer in the meridain tasted like vinegar. Not exactly CAMRA style

On 26 Feb 2010 at 12:32pm snowie wrote:
Agreed Dave, it was never much competition for the Gardeners or Lewes Arms if you like a decent pint of beer :0)

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Southover Grange and Gardens 108:132
Southover Grange and Gardens

'credited to the 'rona' - Odd that. 'the 'rona' takes up less space and as much breath as 'corona' so why say 'the 'rona'? Is it... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine