Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Election News

On Tue 4 Jun at 12:45pm Formerly AC-T wrote:
Pleased to see that our LD candidate is "determined" to get new facilities for local GPs.
After all, we've only been waiting the best part of 20 years for the new health centre we were promised as part of the redevelopment of North Street.
If anyone meets him while he's out campaigning, perhaps they'd like to ask him how he proposes to get it built.

On Mon 10 Jun at 5:56pm SHS-2 wrote:
It's more GPs, and access to them, that we need more than facilities. I drive me mad that we get pushed to do everything online, talk to chatbots, download apps or get told rubbish by automated emails. The new best-practice for forward-thinking organisations? Employ more receptionists, open the doors and ditch the expensive automated call systems and fancy websites.

On Mon 10 Jun at 10:53pm Tom Pain wrote:
That's what they call progress shs2 and there's a lot more to come.

On Tue 11 Jun at 8:32am Green Sleeves wrote:
Erm, not all use of technology is a reason for panic or dismay. But certainly an over-reliance on it, to paper over the lack of funding and staffing the NHS is screaming out for, is plain wrong. Use technology and trained staff efficiently and wisely together.

On Fri 14 Jun at 10:49am The Old Mayor wrote:
Haven't the council got a £5m office block asset currently for sale in the centre of town ? There doesn't seem to be any kind of clear plan, surely that asset could be very useful rather than fritter away the cash. They have had £10m from central government for ages for a medical hub anyway, but never 'found' a site ! Bouncing around the phoenix area for years and years, and we're still waiting !! Same with Southover House useful asset frittered away. Look at County Hall too ! The list goes on... Incompetence I call it !!!

On Sun 16 Jun at 11:27pm Tom Pain wrote:
Perhaps it's for the best - we've got a climate hub and look what weather they're coming up with. Still, cold is the new warm if you believe what the met office say about April and May.

On Tue 27 Aug at 5:41pm cruss-it wrote:
I understand clearly what The Old Mayor is saying about the non construction of the new health centre. That is absurd – we have been waiting for 20 years and we do not have an efficient plan of action. What is even more infuriating is that we already have resources such as the £5m office block that can be used for the intended purpose. This is sad because it seems like our council is more interested in throwing away the potential of these assets instead of utilizing them for the betterment of society. I will be sure to grill our LD candidate on various issues concerning the implementation of this project and ensure that he has specific strategies in mind since I will also hold his feet to the fire over his polluted campaign promises.

On Tue 27 Aug at 10:17pm daniel greep wrote:
Exactly. It’s like these politicians forget why they were elected in the first place: to help the city they are governing. I don’t know what we can do to change this, because it seems like every politician just lies about what they will do during their term. It’s really sad to see this happen

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Stoolball 84:132
Lewes Stoolball

I've been sat here sh*tting myself, but so far nothing untoward has happened on my various bits of hardware. I don't have a fixed... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare