Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Efes kebabs

3
 
On 17 Dec 2021 at 7:48pm Sussex Jim wrote:
I called in to Efes tonight to order my usual takeaway. Things seemed slightly different. Different staff- and a new display board above the counter.
My 2 large shish had gone from 17.80 to 21.80- an increase of 22%!
Have new people taken over the business? I won't be using them again.
10
 
On 18 Dec 2021 at 1:21pm David Stanley wrote:
There is definitely inflation in fast food prices. My small cod and chips was £10 which seems a lot to me.
7
 
On 18 Dec 2021 at 2:33pm Amber wrote:
I regularly order for home delivery.
I questioned their price rise and was informed that everything costs more now.
I shall keep ordering as I like Efes kebabs and love their chilli sauce.
There's the petrol to think about too.
19
 
On 18 Dec 2021 at 8:23pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Maybe just order 22% less? Price rises are a given, what with the pandemic coupled with Brexit. Its not as if these things aren't covered on the national news. I'm sure you got what you voted for.
8
 
On 20 Dec 2021 at 9:56am webbo wrote:
Brexit obvs
5
 
On 20 Dec 2021 at 4:28pm Nanook of the North wrote:
I blame them forriners.
4
 
On 20 Dec 2021 at 11:08pm Tom Pain wrote:
You may be right. Just think how prices would soar if the whole world was locked down and supply chains were disrupted by a serious pandemic or even if the seasonal flu epidemic was exaggerated to ridiculous proportions.
6
 
On 21 Dec 2021 at 11:38am Green Sleeves wrote:
Except, supply chains weren't disrupted only from the pandemic. We know other factors have been involved, and Brexit is a central policy that has impacted supply chains, added bureaucracy, created staff shortages and raised prices. The pandemic is an unfortunate additional layer to the problems caused by Brexit. We're not arguing over the obligations of the Good Friday/Belfast Agreement due to this "seasonal flu" thats killed 5/6 times as many british people as actual seasonal flu kills in a bad year.
3
 
On 21 Dec 2021 at 10:26pm Tom Pain wrote:
If you look at the ONS stats for this century per 100,000, the UK death toll for 2020 is only the fifth highest. But I don't suppose you could figure anything out from that yourself, like umm changing died of to died with makes a big difference.
3
 
On 22 Dec 2021 at 2:25pm Nevillman wrote:
Does that mean you accept that brexit is the cause of the price rises then Tom? Any regrets on your voting behaviour?
2
 
On 22 Dec 2021 at 10:30pm Basil wrote:
I remember when decimalisation was blamed for inflation. Then it was joining the 'Common Market'. Then it was 'the unions'. Now it's supposed to be Brexit - nothing to do with quantatitive easing, eh, you know, pumping loads of money into the economy.
3
 
On 23 Dec 2021 at 8:31pm Tom Pain wrote:
No Nev, as with the feuding barons I was just being a smart arse.
3
 
On 27 Dec 2021 at 8:09pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Smart-arse would suggest you at least said something smart, which you have never done on this forum. Please stop with the constant lies and misleading comments...

Merry christmas all, even to you Tom Pain. Hows the ivermectin stockpiling going?
2
 
On 27 Dec 2021 at 11:48pm Tom Pain wrote:
With all the lies about ivermectin you'll be right at home, masked quisling.
3
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 9:11am Green Sleeves wrote:
You would know about spreading lies about ivermectin. Since any study you previously cited has been debunked, fabricated and/or withdrawn due to fraud. You really should stop reacting so quickly to flimsy "evidence" and weak sources. You are weak sauce!

Ivermectin is a fine drug, i'm sure most of us can agree on that, and if I was to ever contract the zika virus i'm sure my GP would prescribe me it and I'd be happy to take it. I also am happy to crush it up and put it in my cats food every now and then to de-worm her.

3
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 9:43am Tom Pain wrote:
Do you know any technique of disagreeing with anyone but insults? I've never mentioned any studies of ivermectin, just reported the success it had in Uttar Pradesh India curing covid, rather than the jabs which seem only to suppress the symptoms and incubate new variants. What about my lies on the mortality statistics since 2000? I suppose the ONS are conspiring with me eh? What pandemics caused the terrifying deaths in the four years that surpassed the covid extinction event of 2020?
3
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 10:15am Green Sleeves wrote:
Claims that India’s largest state, Uttar Pradesh, had no new cases of COVID-19 after implementing an ivermectin protocol have been shared on Facebook and other social media sites. Most notably, a headline of an article from "INDEPENDENT SIDE: Your source of relevant and true news" reads, "INDIA: No Covid-19 Cases In 24 Hours After Implementing Ivermectin Protocol." Also, an article written by Jim Hoft on the conservative media site Gateway Pundit reads: “HUGE: Uttar Pradesh, India Announces State Is COVID-19 Free Proving the Effectiveness of “Deworming Drug” IVERMECTIN.” We find these claims as mostly false. There is no scientific evidence showing that ivermectin led to a reduction in the spread of the virus in Uttar Pradesh. As we covered in a previous fact-check, the jury is still out on the effectiveness of ivermectin when it comes to treating and preventing COVID-19.
India stopped recommending the use of ivermectin for the management of the virus in September, citing a lack of scientific evidence of its benefits. Researchers at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) did not find enough evidence for Ivermectin and Hydroxycholoquine as potential therapeutics targeted against COVID-19.*
While cases appear to have fallen in Uttar Pradesh as well as most locations in India, it’s not clear why. Many other factors, including immunity from a previous infection, vaccination, and lockdowns, likely helped reduce the number of cases.

Check it out here »
1
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 10:21am Green Sleeves wrote:
Share your link about the ONS - what are you trying to say exactly and determine from this stat? Less deaths overall in 2020 and 2021 than some other years? Maybe that is true, but i think its probably tricky to contrast given that we have led drastically different lives since 2019. Traffic deaths/accidents were down 22% in 2020 compared to 2019.....its not hard to figure out why the sudden drop.
1
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 7:03pm Tom Pain wrote:
1472 RTA deaths UK 2020 . 1870 in 2019. So that's about 400 less. Out of about 581000 total.That's drastically different isnt it? NOT. That is such a good -lies, damned lies and statistics wheeze you must have got it from the Retardian. So what were those other four pandemics that caused such carnage? Motorway madness?
2
 
On 28 Dec 2021 at 10:28pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Please provide your source and what you're trying to imply or say?

Just looking at the ONS stats here with figures up to 2020, from as far back as 1990, and its pretty clear there was a huge jump in deaths from 2019 to 2020. 608k deaths in 2020 vs 530k deaths in 2019. Not at any point since 1990 has there been more deaths overall than in 2020. Of course if we factor in population, then you can clearly see that the crude mortality rate per 100k people is significantly higher now than its been since 2003. It had been fairly steady or falling for many years, but then jumped significantly in 2020 - i wonder what have caused that? Medical advances, people eating healthier, lottery investment and massive public and private investment into sport particularly with the London Olympics, indoor public smoking ban (and subsequent drop in # of cigarette smokers), less pollution with cleaner car tech/fuel etc, all of that progress, then offset massively in 2020 when covid struck, hence the massive upturn. What other conclusion do you draw from it?
Anyways, heres the link.

Check it out here »
 
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 10:54am Tom Pain wrote:
Oh Grand Wizard of the Kovid Kult Klan, you could twist any statistic to your ends. There is no end to your magnificent sophistry. How long before you rid the land of the unclean. Light up the burning crosses, drag them from their disease ridden lairs and hang em high. Vax mandates are not good enough, only blood will cleanse the land. The Brotherhood of the Needle brooks no infidel. Konform or die, ye unbelievers. Join the Kovi Krusade or face the Koviquisition.
A little quote from William Pitt now follows - "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom; the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves". You're probably too deep in cult-lore to understand that, but one can only try.
5
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 11:17am Nevillman wrote:
So what's your conclusion about efes kebabs then Tom?
5
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 12:19pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Being accused of being deep in a cult by Tom Pain is just too exquisite.

What a wackadoodle response to a post that merely shares reasonable conclusions from a source (the ONS) that you appear to usually find credible. I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else from you. Bill Gates told me you'd be trouble.
1
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 5:32pm Tom Pain wrote:
Well if you're keeping up with Bill you'll know that he, along with our tory government sponsor the Retardian who seem somewhat involved in news wise your go to fact checker. About as independent as Nan's CIA fact checker. One day perhaps you'll learn to think for yourself and stop repeating propaganda. It's odd to see that after ten or so years of savage austerity and gutting the NHS by the tory brats that the health of the nation has improved as much as you claim. So what were those pandemics that caused higher mortality in the progressive years of war criminal Blair?
I had my first efes kebab a few weeks ago, Nev and it was good. Thank goodness they've changed the lit up sign inside, it was flickering enough to damage brains.
1
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 7:48pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I already suggested a few reasons as to why mortality during the very early 2000s was as high as 2020. Immigration also could well have had an impact, and particularly with and increase in younger immigrants coming from the eastern european countries to live/work here when they joined the EU.

The only significant spike in any of these figures occurred in 2020. If covid had nothing to do with that spike, then I'd be interested to hear your explanation as to why it jumped so starkly from 2019 to 2020. Was it all due to being locked down and topping ourselves? I think you are looking TOO hard for a conspiracy where there is none. Not everything that occurs in the world is some sort of big cover-up with a Hercule Poirot twist.

On another thing, mortality was even higher in the early 90s (as shown in the ONS link), but thats again down to significant demographic differences in the 90s to today, as well as the obvious fact that healthcare has indeed advanced in 30 years and a multitude of other reasons, some obvious, some probably not so much.
1
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 7:54pm Green Sleeves wrote:
I should clarify that I meant that with younger eastern european migrants coming here from 2004 when Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic and others joined the EU, it stands to reason that the mortality rate would fall as a result, and sure enough it begins at that point to fall as immigration from those countries arrive. See, the EU helped us again!
 
 
On 29 Dec 2021 at 9:58pm Tom Pain wrote:
So mortality went down in2004 and in 2020 it went back up again. It's a funny old world isn't it? What next? It's possible that respiratory diseases were more prevalent in the C20 and they didn't pay that much attention to them- like not being the only news story every day for nearly two years and counting. I don't remember that in C21 until 2020. What changed then was the locking in of the sick and the healthy, a proceedure contra-indicated by all medical protocols until then. I think that following a procedure opposite to all medical wisdom might, just might (note the understatement) have been a costly mistake in human lives. Not to mention the financial cost which you will be paying for the rest of your life thanks to the practice of government borrowing from private sources instead of creating credit itself. But that is something you thoroughly approve of and will never question. That you don't question the total reversal of previous medical wisdom is another anomaly I am unable to understand. How can I put it simply? The reason this, not particularly virulent respiratory disorder is going on so long is that it wasn't allowed to follow it's natural course. The conspiracy you are determined to find in my analysis is just that of the arrogant hubris of authorities to think and prove that they are in control of something beyond their power. They can't stop now without losing face. Is that not something we see every day in every walk of life? Does that make me a conspiracy theorist or is it not bloody obvious?
1
 
On 30 Dec 2021 at 10:36am Green Sleeves wrote:
What happened in 2020? Erm, a global pandemic that you refuse to accept happened because you've read too many stories on the internet from bad actors that desire attention.

So no, its not a funny old world at all. The explanation for the rise in mortality in 2020 isn't hard to fathom one bit. You are the one trying to find alternatives that make no sense.

As for their being more respiratory diseases in the 20th century compared to the 21st century - this may well be true, given medical advancements and a huge reduction in tobacco smoking, mortality rates coming down steadily and consistently shouldn't be a surprise. The spike in 2020 upwards is not because we all became smokers again.....
 
 
On 30 Dec 2021 at 11:06am Tom Pain wrote:
Oh, dear boy you are just so clever. Its such a pity that I listen to bad actors isnt it. Of course I couldn't tell a good one from a bad one, not having your superior gift of discretion. How you know all this is beyond my poor understanding. Unless, maybe, you don't actually know anything but just repeat well known phrases and sayings which could explain why you never engage in a dialogue or even consider another point of view.
1
 
On 30 Dec 2021 at 11:46am Green Sleeves wrote:
I don't claim to know everything. I'm not a scientist, and I am happy to defer to the general consensus from the scientific community when it comes to matters of science. I certainly wouldn't be enquiring about such matters from the opinions of charlatans, internet trolls and rabble rousers desperate for attention.

I'm also happy to hear people with different views/opinions, even when i profoundly disagree with them. Many people will switch off from conversing with "alternative" thought-leaders such as yourself TP as its just not worth the hassle of you endlessly trying to get the last pointless word in. Meanwhile, and lucky for you, I am more than willing to challenge you on your claims. If you'd rather I never bother you again, please do just say.
 
 
On 30 Dec 2021 at 9:40pm Tom Pain wrote:
The trouble is we don't get a consensus of the medical community; any deviation from the party line is censored on social media and mainstream sources.NHS workers get suspended for speaking out, with the probability of being sacked. It's unfortunate that we have to put up with the poor production values, bad acting, dreadful hairstyles and ever present nutters like ex vice presidents from pfizer and other assorted riff raff of the alternative but that's life. Meanwhile the UKHSA vaccine report week 51 reveals 3,2,1 dose vaxed deaths- 2913 and unvaxed- 889. Hospitalisations vaxed-4388 and 3693 unvaxed. Have you seen that in the Retardian, has Savage Jabhead (couldn't resist it) read it on the news?
4
 
On 31 Dec 2021 at 2:01pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Thanks again for sharing data that shows the minority unvaccinated represent a disproportionate number of hospitalised covid patients.

 
 
On 31 Dec 2021 at 9:57pm Tom Pain wrote:
Not surprised that you fail to notice that the vax doesn't work.
2
 
On 31 Dec 2021 at 10:42pm 35+Male.Nev wrote:
Effes have a lovely chicken burger. And do a standard pitta with kebab. Wins my vote ..... proper lewes lunatics above. Both fear looming lockdown.......
3
 
On Sat 1 Jan at 11:32am Green Sleeves wrote:
No Tom, id draw that conclusion if there were proportionately as many vaccinated people in hospital with serious covid symptoms as there was unvaccinated.
3
 
On Sat 1 Jan at 5:33pm 35+Male.Nev wrote:
Well..... stop..... keep calm and have a kebab. Does chilli sauce help purge the body when got a cold? Like an Irish coffee. Happy 2020....Lewes.
1
 
On Mon 3 Jan at 8:45pm kingsley m wrote:
@Tom Paine
Given the extraordinary control measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19, annual comparison of deaths is not the salient statistic to be looking at to draw comparisons between COVID-19 and seasonal flu.
It would be more useful to look at the death rate for the first two weeks of April, as the spread of the virus had taken hold but before the impact of the lockdown had fully taken effect. Do you have those statistics to hand? Also daily breakdown would give a more nuanced overview, of the situation if you are able to find these,


This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one


 

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

I am in Victoria, Canada. Would it somehow be possible to receive Ian Edwards email address? I've been trying to reach his... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina