Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Eddies Cafe

On 29 Jun 2010 at 2:27pm Fried eggs and spam wrote:
any one know what has happened to eddies ?
On 29 Jun 2010 at 3:00pm Dave wrote:
It's got a new sign, that's all
On 29 Jun 2010 at 6:15pm Misery wrote:
Been past it a million times but have never been in....is it any good for a fry up?
On 29 Jun 2010 at 7:38pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Bloody excellent! Egg, bacon, sausage, fried slice or toast, beans or toms (fresh or tinned), saute potatoes, tea/coffee and toast or bread on the side, for about £4.50.
All nicely cooked and you can park across the road for nowt for an hour.
It's worth a visit just to read all the jokes and cartoons on the walls, actually.
On 29 Jun 2010 at 11:35pm Jamie Oliver wrote:
Christ, do people still eat that sort of crap? No wonder the NHS is so stretched
On 29 Jun 2010 at 11:57pm Dave wrote:
Bills serves exactly the same sort of stuff but charges twice as much

On 30 Jun 2010 at 7:55am Dave wrote:
I didn't put that last post in, but it is true.
On 30 Jun 2010 at 8:28am Pavement Artist wrote:
Eddies Cafe doesn't block up the pavement with chairs and tables either.

On 30 Jun 2010 at 10:39am TimDog wrote:
Where is Eddies? I'm back home for 7 weeks and I'm dieing for a good fry-up

On 30 Jun 2010 at 10:44am Dave wrote:
Nevill Road up near the Prison
On 30 Jun 2010 at 11:13am AKane wrote:
Went to the cafe at the Bus station the other saturday, great fry-up too for under £5.

On 1 Jul 2010 at 7:28pm BOOM! wrote:
Walked past there today, looks a lot more inviting especially with the front door wide open which I have never seen before!

On 2 Jul 2010 at 11:03am Juliet wrote:
£4.50 (or anything above) is a total rip off. Come to Eastbourne, cafe near station does a lovely fry up (gorgeous fried bread and mushrooms) for 1.99.
I would never pay more then 3 for a fried breakfast, you should know the sort of crap that goes into their meals. You don't think they buy the best stuff do you?
On 2 Jul 2010 at 1:01pm Romeo wrote:
To be honest Juliet, £1.99 just for a piece of fried bread and mushrooms sounds a lot compared to what you get at Eddies. Why don't you go and try it, you would be pleasantly surprised I am sure..

On 2 Jul 2010 at 1:41pm supporter wrote:
For £1.99 you certainly are going to get the crap.
4.50 for a good fried breakfast is a good deal these days.

On 2 Jul 2010 at 5:13pm jrsussex wrote:
Juliet - For a cost of £1.99 you must be getting rubbish products. Assuming the premises are leased they have rent to pay and being near to Eastbournbe station that will not be a low rent. Add staff costs, business rates, VAT, utilities, etc and it will not leave much to be spent on the actual ingredients of the breakfast. I would have thought that a well cooked breakfast of a reasonable portion for under 5 is a good deal. In this life you get what you pay for, and believe me for 1.99 you are definately getting low grade food products.
On 4 Jul 2010 at 2:40pm Juliet wrote:
Nah - like I said I would NEVER pay more then £3 for a fry up - it's not worth it. Got better things to spend my money on then cheap bacon and old bread. 4.50 or above is a total rip off.
Romeo - I never said it was JUST mushrooms and fried bread, lol, you get loads more then that.
For 1.99 I believe you get fried egg, 2 sausages, bacon, mushrooms, bread, baked beans/tomatoes...all very well done and tastes lovely. I'll be sticking with it!

On 4 Jul 2010 at 4:18pm supporter wrote:
very hard to belive you would get all that for £1.99.

On 4 Jul 2010 at 4:31pm Eggybread wrote:
Juliet...The last time I went in Eddies cafe I had all taht you mentioned.
Egg,Bacon,fried bread,Mushrooms,Beans,toms,and a mug of tea and it cost £4.50.

On 4 Jul 2010 at 4:44pm Eggybread wrote:
Forgot the sausages...And the portion was huge and it was lovely.
And No,I do not work there.

On 5 Jul 2010 at 4:15pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
And the sausages are excellent, not 95% rusk and floor sweepings like you get in some cafes.
Did you not get saute potatoes as well? I always get saute potatoes with mine. All really nicely cooked and not a bit greasy.

On 5 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm Eggy Bread. wrote:
Agreed ACT...And they seem to come as an extra which we are not charged for.
And yes they taste lovely and not at all greasy,And the fried mushys are always nice too.
And the mugs of tea are really cheap.All in all.Eddies gets my vote !!
On 5 Jul 2010 at 9:50pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Funny how people are happy to love the greasy fry-up (however 'healthy' the sausages), yet at the same time be anti-McD (see other thread). It's ALL really unhealthy food. Have to say I've been shocked at the amount of mobility scooters I've seen in Lewes being used by younger, but obviously overweight people. Obesity is going to be THE major killer and drain on the resources of the NHS within 50 years if we don't wise up and start eating properly. I predict a time when fat people, smokers and drinkers will no longer be treated on the nhs for having brought their afflctions on themselves.
On 6 Jul 2010 at 9:34am Dave wrote:
It's not compulsory to eat bacon sausage eggs and chips at what is now called The Cafe. There are plenty of other items on an ever changing menu. To perhaps suggest that it's fatties only is a bit harsh as well.
On 6 Jul 2010 at 9:50am supporter wrote:
nothing greasy about Eddies fry-up Brixtonbelle.
Suggest you research before posting.
On 6 Jul 2010 at 1:27pm TAFKAPS wrote:
I predict a time where self righteous people will finally get "theres"! Fat people, drinkers and smokers unite, lets rise up and attack the self righteous!
On 6 Jul 2010 at 4:30pm Juliet wrote:
supporter - it's not hard to believe if you actually go inside the cafe and order it.
By the way, ALL fry-ups are greasy. They're fried in cooking oil..hello...
On 6 Jul 2010 at 4:39pm Dave wrote:
Not on a griddle they're not.
On 6 Jul 2010 at 7:27pm supporter wrote:
You are so wrong Juliet or blinkered I don't know which.
As Dave says cook a breakfast on a griddle and it's wonderful and not a bit of grease in sight.
Now if you can't raise a valid point butt out.

On 7 Jul 2010 at 10:27pm self wrote:
ha,ha £1.50 for a fry up but ten quid to get there and back
we love Eddies although it has changed its name now
On 8 Jul 2010 at 12:04am Brixtonbelle wrote:
Supporter - did I say I was criticisng Eddie's fry-up?. I was talking about fry-ups in general - you know how conversations move on sometimes rather than getting stuck in the same groove ?
I've never been in Eddie's so can't comment on theirs specifically. Have to say I rather like the food in Casbah and a breakfast fry up in their costs about a fiver (according to my son).
On 8 Jul 2010 at 10:08am Juliet wrote:
Dave - Don't own a griddle - but would like to!
supporter: Not wrong, not blinkered. and my points are valid, this isn't your personal forum so grow up.
My opinion. Deal with it.
On 8 Jul 2010 at 11:17am supporter wrote:
no your point is ot valid little girl.
Not all fry-ups are greasy and do not use cooking oil fact.
On 8 Jul 2010 at 11:53am Brixtonbelle wrote:
supporter - can't you argue your point without being patronising ?
On 8 Jul 2010 at 12:02pm supporter wrote:
fight fire with fire
On 9 Jul 2010 at 1:17pm Hedwig wrote:
supporter - you're only showing yourself up to be a nasty immature little tit
On 9 Jul 2010 at 1:20pm Juliet wrote:
Hate to disappoint you, "LITTLE boy" but my points were valid regarding the cafe in Eastbourne - which is what I meant. MOST fry-ups are greasy, yeah some aren't, who cares.
Like I said, this isn't your personal forum so don't tell people to "butt out.2 Get a life

On 9 Jul 2010 at 2:43pm supporter wrote:
This thread is about Eddies not your so called cheap den where you would expect a second class greay fry-up at the price quoted.

On 9 Jul 2010 at 3:35pm Chef wrote:
Not all fry ups are greasy ???? they are cooked on a griddle ??? As the name suggests, fry ups are fried. Food cooked on a griddle is...wait for it...griddled, and therefore not a fry up.

On 9 Jul 2010 at 3:49pm supporter wrote:
never heard of dry frying chef?
lots of modern appliances dry fry food and not a trace of grease anywhere.

On 9 Jul 2010 at 4:11pm supporter wrote:
just cooked myself a fried bacon sandwich not a drop of fat or oil went into the pan.
Lovely grub

On 9 Jul 2010 at 9:44pm brixtonbelle wrote:
I bet your arteries are loving it too. Just don't clog up the NHS as well, please.

On 10 Jul 2010 at 1:44pm supporter wrote:
My arteries are in great shape thankyou, went for a full medical including scans and got a clean bill of health.
The nhs didn't pay before you say anything.

This thread has reached its limit now
Why not start another one

Lewes Swans in the pool 85:132
Lewes Swans in the pool

it means in a large quantity more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the Walking to Mount Caburn at the weekend, Lounging about in Southover Grange Gardens eating strawberry ice cream in summertime, Proms in the Paddock, wicked night
A Kane