Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Eastgate parking court summons

On 8 Nov 2016 at 11:30am Jonny wrote:
The parking company have sold the "debt" to a third party who are taking me to court. I've got plenty of ammo already, any other helpful angles? Penalty notices were from 2014 btw.
On 8 Nov 2016 at 11:51am Good luck wrote:
No good single piece of advice will cover this, presumably it's not going to court in relation to the parking but rather the debt...
Does the letter say if it has been purchased or whether they are "acting on behalf of our client", if they are acting for a third party they cannot take you to Court only the third party can. If they have bought the debt they can.
If you know what you're doing fight it, if you don't pay it, it will only get larger and worst case is someone turning up at your house or seizing your car.
On 8 Nov 2016 at 8:48pm Probably wrote:
They have probably sold the debt due to everyone ignoring the charges :-D
On 9 Nov 2016 at 4:57pm Good luck wrote:
In which case the third party can take it to county court to chase the debt, worst case scenario is a CCJ judgement against you if they do and you lose.
Plus lots of extra charges, no amount of ammo against the original fine will help (the third party is chasing the debt not debating whether the original debt is due).
These kind of cases usually end up at a bulking centre (not a real court so everything is dealt with in your absence), if you're not prepared to argue the finer points of civil law with a debt company and police officers on your doorstep I would suggest writing to the company and offering them half the money to go away (or pay the whole thing).
There are many websites that can help with better advice than you'll get here, (beat the bailiff, get out of debt free, CAB, Money Saving Experts, etc)...

On 9 Nov 2016 at 5:50pm Jonny wrote:
Thanks Good Luck, I've thrown the kitchen sink at the court, worst case is they say pay up and I offer them 50p a month.

On 9 Nov 2016 at 9:18pm Good luck wrote:
The trouble is it's private lands so it's a civil matter, the signage is either good enough to form a legal contract or not. It will pretty much come down to this point. If you lose they can escalate to a high court (hell the charges go on what you pay so they don't care) as for paying 50p a week that will be set depending on what assets the bailiffs can or can't sieze (if they have a clamp on your car they won't accept a low offer). If the signage was poor at the time there's a good chance you can win. If the bailiffs do turn up make sure you lock your doors and windows as they can't force entry., plus get a video they are quite highly watched on YouTube so you can make a few quid back that way

On 14 Nov 2016 at 8:55am No PPCs wrote:
I would get over to pepipoo or money saving expert forums, also have a read Of The parking prankster blog site.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

That's going to blight a lot of people's view across the Ouse. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell