Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Eastbourne Air Show Viewing Point

On 17 Aug 2017 at 8:51pm TiggyWiggy wrote:
Want to take young children to see airshow display but don't want to take them in to Eastbourne itself due to noise/crowds.
Can anyone recommend a good place to view the display? Fancy sitting somewhere with a picnic and watching it.
On 17 Aug 2017 at 8:53pm Po wrote:
Would you say it is morally wrong to view the Eastbourne airshow when so many innocent people were killed in the Shoreham airshow?
On 17 Aug 2017 at 8:57pm Clifford wrote:
Yes, Po, and nobody should ever have gone to a football game again after Hillsborough.
On 17 Aug 2017 at 9:01pm Person wrote:
Po, please explain why, assuming you do?
On 17 Aug 2017 at 9:45pm Penelope Pitstop wrote:
Po is just trolling. I'd say it was morally wrong to use the Shoreham Airshow disaster as an opportunity to wind someone up.
On 17 Aug 2017 at 9:58pm Horseman7 wrote:
Seaford Head.
On 17 Aug 2017 at 10:14pm Propeller head wrote:
5 per car near Beachy Head. Take a radio for commentary. There is usually a nice friendly atmosphere up there without the stress of the seafront crowds. Check out the Airbourne website for timings.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 6:50am happy mum wrote:
One year we walked to seven sisters and just watched the planes coming in over the sea and Land. It was lovely as the kids played on the beach and also got to see some planes.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 9:28am Robert wrote:
Banner-waving for evil war-mongers. Standing near Alfriston during the show four years ago I was shunned by advocates of mass-murder when speaking loudly to my son about the millions of innocent civilians and conscripts killed or maimed by the bombs enabled by the World War II planes being flown. Anyone supporting air shows including military aeroplanes is guilty of supporting a war crime in my opinion, and I will expose them for it. And don't get me started on the evidence for mass mind control and extermination that chemtrails cause. You don't need me for that. Browse YouTube.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 9:56am Troll spotter wrote:
Chemtrails...here we go again.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 10:08am Horseman7 wrote:
That's if evil churches and filling stations don't corrupt them first.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 10:40am Clifford wrote:
Robert, as Orwell said of attempts to prevent children playing with tin soldiers, 'Tin pacifists somehow won't do'. I agree with your sentiments but it's the absolute self-righteousness that always grates with militant pacifists.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 12:06pm Mental Age of 6 wrote:
Does anyone remember the time that Robert made himself look a bit of a tit?
On 18 Aug 2017 at 1:32pm Free speech wrote:
Up on the downs at Firle can be good. Quite a few planes fly over.
On 18 Aug 2017 at 8:19pm Sussex Jim wrote:
The best place to go for a family picnic and good view of the show is the grassy areas at Holywell leading up to the foot of Beachy Head. Along the western end of King Edward's Parade.
But get there really early; as every available parking space soon fills up.
On 19 Aug 2017 at 6:45am Metatron wrote:
Robert are you related to Jennifer in any way? Your wind up has a similar style but hers are funnier.
On 19 Aug 2017 at 7:05pm Hot Lips wrote:
Robert has a small knob and sadly it misfires too easily.
On 19 Aug 2017 at 11:04pm Sorta Agree with Robert wrote:
I was at Airbourne today and suddenly felt very chilled when the commentator said that the plane I was watching had carried napalm under its wings. If it's one of ours it's OK I suppose. Not.
On 20 Aug 2017 at 9:20am Mental Age of 6 wrote:
People used to be horribly tortured and executed in the Tower of London. Perhaps it is time we got rid of it, as visitors are obviously supporting this kind of behaviour.

18 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Anne of Cleves House 3:132
Anne of Cleves House

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy