Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

East Sussex WRAS needs your help

On 19 May 2010 at 12:31pm Denise Day wrote:
Hedgehog Charity condemns cruelty
From time to time we hear sickening stories of cruelty to hedgehogs that shock even those most used to dealing with such cases. The British Hedgehog Preservation Society recently had reports of two separate incidents in Sussex where hedgehogs were used as footballs; their injuries were so severe that both animals had to be put to sleep.
The pain and fear these poor creatures must have gone through at the hands of the sick thugs responsible is unimaginable.
Animal cruelty is often associated with people who have done poorly in school, have low self esteem and few friends. Many studies in psychology, sociology and criminology during the last 25 years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. Research has shown consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of violent crime, including child abuse, spouse abuse and murder.
Thankfully the East Sussex Wildlife Rescue and Ambulance Service were able to arrange for these poor little hedgehogs to be put out of their misery.
Fay Vass, Chief Executive of the Society said "We are all horrified to think of what these poor hedgehogs went through, we ask that anyone who has any information about such cruelty contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or the RSPCA cruelty hotline on 0300 1234 999. Let us ensure people have the fullest most severe punishment possible for carrying out such cowardly attacks."
Those interested in finding out more about the work of the Society or how they can help hedgehogs can go to the website www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk or send an A5 sae to BHPS, Hedgehog House, Dhustone, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 3PL
Press Contacts:
Trevor Weeks ? East Sussex WRAS ? 0707931-523958

On 19 May 2010 at 12:37pm Sorry... wrote:
I looked out my window the other night and saw four Liverpool players playing football with a hedgehog. I was about to phone the RSPCA when the hedgehog went one-nil up.

On 19 May 2010 at 10:01pm Roly Mo wrote:
Denise, you will get a load of stupid responses from idiots on here, I'm afraid. I am already aware about the good work that WRAS do, and when I get organised will be donating to them.

On 20 May 2010 at 6:55am footymum wrote:
Sorry you are sick that was not funny.
Denise why do kids do this to animals ? I suppose these kids who attack hedgehogs are leaving cats alone.
Like Roly Mo i shall send a donation.

On 20 May 2010 at 8:18am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Sorry ought to be congratulated, that's two donations he's managed to secure you Denise. The thought of a hedgehog actually playing football is funny and does nothing to condone anyone actually kicking an animal to death, as ever the bleeding hearts with no sense of humour......

On 20 May 2010 at 10:29am Denise Day wrote:
Hey I had a chuckle at Sorry's post. Thank you for your replies and the donations - it is much appreciated

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 24:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015

It's disconcerting to see Priti Patel called an idiot right at the beginning. One might find her offensive and dislike her but... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina