Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

East Hoathly Bonfire

On 22 Sep 2014 at 11:16am tobnac wrote:
We canít make Nevill bonfire this year, so are looking for an alternative that would be good for youngsters.
Would East Hoathly be suitable for children (4, 5 and 8)? Iím thinking mainly in terms of rookies and rowdyness? Cheers.
On 22 Sep 2014 at 11:41am Gummy wrote:
Eastbourne is your best bet (4th October). Very family friendly. East Hoathly last year was quite a noisy one.

On 22 Sep 2014 at 2:56pm tom wrote:
so what are you looking for . Seaford 18th OCT
On 22 Sep 2014 at 3:16pm Horseman7 wrote:
Fletching?
On 22 Sep 2014 at 3:27pm john paul wrote:
Cliffe maybe?

On 22 Sep 2014 at 3:27pm Gummy wrote:
Seaford is same day as Nevill (which is a real shame they chose to clash it rather than choose a less establish community event to compete with).

On 22 Sep 2014 at 4:29pm tobnac wrote:
Thanks all. Can't make Fletching, Nevill or Seaford. South Heighton's a maybe. As is Newick.

On 22 Sep 2014 at 5:08pm Bonfire boy wrote:
Take youngsters to a display like Kingston.

On 22 Sep 2014 at 8:17pm Ed Can Do wrote:
South Heighton is a nice walk if you're in the procession and the pub afterwards is one of the best atmospheres in all of bonfire but bless them, they have a tiny budget for their fireworks and whilst they achieve a lot with what they have, it's not the most impressive display in Sussex so if you're only going to one, I might not pick that one.

Kingston is a great family bonfire but really, these days all the outmeetings are very safe and family friendly. I'm pretty sure they've all banned drop downs in the procession, several have banned flares through the village itself and they all have public areas well away from the society members at the firesites. Your main decision should be which you can get to easily and which has the best fireworks.

On 22 Sep 2014 at 9:11pm IN THE KNOW wrote:
You will always get the odd drop down at any bonfire event, as for East Hoathly, they wait until the fire site, the Rookies are thrown onto the bonfire. The firework display can be very loud.
Newick is very crowded around the Bull pub.
On 22 Sep 2014 at 11:26pm Saskia wrote:
East Hoathly is a great traditional outmeeting and not rowdy. Drop downs are banned (rookies only get thrown at the fire site amongst members). However, bonfire is bonfire and you must expect some noise! I wouldn't put too much faith in Nevill being non rowdy.....several of their members (including their secretary and captain of tableaux ) got arrested last year at Rotherfield for being involved in punch ups! If you want a child friendly society, go to South Street ( the original juvenile society).
On 23 Sep 2014 at 10:12am Mr Fishfinger wrote:
I'd love to know where Saskia gets her information from, As she seems to be better informed than individuals involved. As I'm aware no Nevill members have been arrested at any outmeetings in there 45 year history and especially not any committee members. So it might pay you to do a little bit more research before you go throwing allegations around like that!! And trying to damage nevill reputation.
On 23 Sep 2014 at 11:26am Mike Fisk - Sec. NJBS wrote:
As secretary of Nevill J.B.S. and one of the alleged arrestees I would like to put the record straight. First and foremost no N.J.B.S. member was arrested at Rotherfield nor as far as I am aware at any bonfire event last year. In fact Mr Fishfinger may well be correct with his statement.
Personally I am also a vice-president of South Street and my father was a life member, both of which I am very proud of.
Saskia incorrect comments such as yours can be very harming not only to bonfire but for individuals as well. I am sure you are aware that many organisations search the internet regarding job references etc. I would ask that you either post an apology/correction or provide the evidence/source of your claim.
I would be happy to meet with you to discuss this matter (my contact details can be found easily e.g. www.njbs.co.uk). if you care to meet I promise I won't punch you!!!

On 27 Sep 2014 at 3:26pm Miranda9 wrote:
The cosmic forms, pure manufacturability, experiments with unreal colors Ė these are distinctive features of the design of 90-s. Being tired of shocking and freakish styles the consumer strived after traditions and remembered classic.

Check it out here »

23 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arched gateway 5:132
Arched gateway

I always thought it was a brilliant little magazine, Iíll miss their great front covers coming through the door more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy