Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Drug's thread - continued

8
2
On 6 Oct 2016 at 2:59pm Robbie wrote:
"For the last time - just because two harmful substances are legal doesn;t mean you should try and legalise another. You cannot be this thick surely? "
1. I bet it isn't the last time
2. Many good reasons put forward for why it should be legal
3. No good reasons for why it should be illegal (unless you count "you are thick" as an argument)
8
5
On 6 Oct 2016 at 3:22pm Pedro wrote:
@ Robbie. Indeed, its one of many good arguments put forward, and the reason it irks them more than other arguments, is because they know deep down that there is immense hypocrisy in drugs policy. They know that when they raise their glass of merlot over dinner, or ask for a pint of bitter down the pub, in any other measurement other than legality, its more dangerous than vapourising a few milligrams of a benign plant that just so happens to make people happy (like alcohol can do) and also have a plethora of medicinal benefits (unlike alcohol) - all with no way of overdosing (unlike alcohol, again).

I say to all participating, is to continue to use this argument among all the other positives for legalising cannabis. Its perfectly legitimate, and we should not feel discouraged by people attempting to shout us down on it just because it doesn't sit well with their backwards agenda.
5
6
On 6 Oct 2016 at 4:21pm Ed Can Do wrote:
For the love of God, give it a rest. On the very small off-chance that anyone reading these endless threads is actually anti-drugs rather than just trolling you for a laugh then nothing you say is going to change their minds anyway.

Weed will be legal within fifteen years once enough people born before 1950 die off and stop having enough of a voting presence to influence policy and in the mean time you live in a town with very liberal attitudes to drug use, tons of dealers to keep the market pretty competitive and a police force with no money who can't afford to arrest you even if they did care that you were smoking a joint so just be happy with that and stop banging on about it.
7
8
On 6 Oct 2016 at 4:30pm Pedro wrote:
@ Ed Can Do. I understand your post, but theres no need to be hostile towards the people participating in active threads like these. If you want to spark up a conversation about an entirely different topic, then you know how forums work.

But I am happy that I live in a liberal town. I'll be even happier once it becomes fully legal.
7
4
On 6 Oct 2016 at 4:30pm inthegutter wrote:
"For the last time - just because two harmful substances are legal doesn't mean you should try and legalise another. You cannot be this thick surely?"
Spare me your constant personal attacks, an accusations that I'm stupid (I have enough pieces of paper to demonstrate otherwise).
Laws shouldn't be arbitrary they should be based on evidence. If that means legalising a substance which is less harmful than another substance that is legal then so be it.
6
3
On 6 Oct 2016 at 4:38pm . wrote:
These are two quotes from journalists who recently tried the, according to pedro and the rest of you lot, harmless and benign drug cannabis:
Mr Parris wrote: ‘The effect was stunning – and not (for me) in a good way. Short-term memory went walkabout. I would forget what I was talking about even while talking. I became shaky. Time went haywire.’
But immediate effects are one thing. What about long-term use? Mr Parris recounted that he had ‘too many friends’ for whom cannabis had seemed destructive. He quoted one as saying: ‘I think it changed me permanently as a person.’
I'm sure many of us here know personal friends and their children deleteriously affected some for the rest of their life by this drug - what would you pro dopers say to the parents of such a child?
Jon Snow said simply: ‘By the time I was completely stoned, I felt utterly bereft. I felt as if my soul had been wrenched from my body.
'There was no one in my world. I was frightened, paranoid, and felt physically and mentally wrapped in a dense blanket of fog. I’ve worked in war zones, but I’ve never been as overwhelmingly frightened as I was when I was in the MRI scanner after taking skunk. I would never do it again.’
This is not some mild ‘soft’ thing. It is a potent, frightening mindbender. If it does this to men in late middle age who are educated, prosperous, successful and self-disciplined, what do you think it is doing to all those 13-year-olds who – thanks to its virtual decriminalisation – can buy it at a school near you, while the police do nothing?
And yet it is still fashionable in our elite and those uneducated in the matter to believe that cannabis should be even easier to get than it already is.
It is hard to think of a social evil so urgently in need of action to curb it.
2
6
On 6 Oct 2016 at 4:41pm Lewes Citizen wrote:
@edcando....guilty your honour....but he's so gullible someone had too
5
7
On 6 Oct 2016 at 5:25pm Pedro wrote:
@ Lewes Citizen - you seem to be self-congratulating over the fact that you are a troll. This isn't news to anyone on here, myself included. I've enjoyed the discussions on here, and will continue to.

@ "." - Using negative anecdotes for first time experiences on weed merely opens up the door for hundreds of positive anecdotes of first time experiences of weed to easily counter them (you only need to youtube it and hundreds of hits come up, with people of all ages enjoying weed for the first time, including news reader Jenny Bond). I watched the Jon Snow news piece, which he used high strength skunk - which highlighted the problem of it being illegal, rather than a safer supply of it if it were actually regulated and legalised. He took a rather large hit of it, so there was no shock that he found his low tolerance rather quickly, not helped by the fact he was then put in an MRI scanner (hardly typical of first time cannabis users experience!). I would dare any budding journalist to now try drinking just a small bottle of vodka that can be bought from a supermarket for a few quid, to neck it back, and see what happens.

How many times have we also seen (and experienced first hand possibly) young people drinking to excess, possibly for the first time, and ending up vomiting and passing out in high streets on friday nights through booze. People build up a tolerance of all drugs, in order to be able to function properly, the difference with weed is that the side effects are quite minimal compared to alcohol - hangovers are simply not a "thing" with cannabis, certainly not to any comparable level.
4
11
On 6 Oct 2016 at 5:30pm Biggles is back wrote:
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE stop giving that doper idiot an excuse to try and justify his criminal actions.You all know who I am talking about.
5
9
On 6 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm Woody wrote:
Cannabis was widely available in Lewes pre 2000.
Lots of people then moved on to heroin after smoking cannabis.
Lewes lost scores of young men and women to the drug. It was an epidemic.
Don't let history repeat itself.
2
8
On 6 Oct 2016 at 11:27pm Decent Citizen wrote:
The regular ones in High StreetBoots,WH Smiths and Court off Cliffs,now approach people in street for money.I was behind one(whose flat is in Lamport)only yesterday,along FriersWalk to back of station to platform 1 where he continued pestering for money.Staff were informed.PCSOs used to curb such behaviour,none now due to cuts.


26 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

roboqueen 102:132
roboqueen

Ignoring unhelpful name calling and relying on government statistics which show that the delta variant is the Indian variant... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde