Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Drugs in Lewes

On 23 Apr 2012 at 10:08am Fingers wrote:
Anyone else notice a youth in Lewes on a bike around the Malling Fields cycle park...........appears to be passing packages?
On 23 Apr 2012 at 1:32pm guido wrote:
Why not report your findings to the local police force. Sure they wouldn't be interested but always worth a try....
On 23 Apr 2012 at 1:37pm kylie wrote:
drugs in lewes is so open ,was out having a drink last saturday nite and they are even dealing in front of me !!!the police need to open there eyes and do a walk about with drug dogs instead of just sitting in there vans !!!!
On 23 Apr 2012 at 2:28pm Pete wrote:
Yep, I often wonder what the blue boys are doing some days. I was in Tesco a few days ago and a pair of them drew up in a pretty nifty Audi A4 Quattro and proceeded to go shopping !! We need a few plain clothes police to sort the druggies out though....

On 23 Apr 2012 at 2:46pm P.diddy wrote:
If they walked to tesco to get their donuts they could go via cycle park

On 23 Apr 2012 at 3:54pm bastian wrote:
and the skate park.
On 23 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm Gussy Finknottle wrote:
If you start busting the revolting drug dealers in the town, this will inevitably result in the arrest and removal of the excellent services as provided by the good drug dealers and you will end up with some very angry people. Yours truly, Finknottle.

On 23 Apr 2012 at 5:23pm bastian wrote:
one of your newts has escaped..go and find it a tank.

On 23 Apr 2012 at 6:30pm bob the brave wrote:
there are around half a dozen police officers in lewes and not all are on shift the same time so often there are less. There are also many people who deal/use drugs in lewes.. the likely hood of being caught is so slim for this reason. we need more police!
On 23 Apr 2012 at 10:50pm Colombian wrote:
Just legalise them. I know that means some of our police will lose the pocket money they get from the dealers but it's the best thing in the long run.

On 23 Apr 2012 at 11:36pm Woody wrote:
This argument has been played many times. There have been scores of deaths from drugs in Lewes over the last 20 years including many people I knew and grew up with. It really doesn't need to return to those awful days. Stop it now before another wave of heroin claims the current generation of teenagers. Anyone caught dealing that rubbish should be hounded out of town and properly dealt with by the law; it's a killer.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 7:55am the voice wrote:
"it's a killer". Actually in it's purest form it's not. The reason so many people die is because of the impurities and lack of strength consistency. Saying that, it's not my cup of tea, frankly I prefer well, tea actually.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 9:31am Cliffite wrote:
Actually in it's purest form it *is*. Last time a load of heroin addicts in Brighton started OD'ing and dying was because there was a rare batch of clean gear which they couldn't handle
On 24 Apr 2012 at 9:38am Enzo wrote:
Don't worry though the Police still have time to pull over cars for a brake light out.
Don't worry they are still working hard!

On 24 Apr 2012 at 9:59am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think you're both right, Cliffite and The Voice.
If it was legal and controlled, it would be of known and consistent strength and quality and OD's would only happen if people took more in quantity than they were used to. Plus they wouldn't have to go on the rob/the game or deal to get their own, there wouldn't be turf wars or dealers and the government could tax it.
Win-win imo.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 10:01am checkitout wrote:
Grey Golf:- Y223 HFG, complete with cycle on the rear seat.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 10:36am Mercian wrote:
"Don't worry though the Police still have time to pull over cars for a brake light out. "
Driving is far more dangerous than taking drugs - not just for those choosing to do it, but also for innocent bystanders.
I'm amazed that a topic about 'drugs' has ended up with a discussion about Heroin. It's like Zammo and Grange Hill, 30 years later.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 1:42pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
There are still a lot of addicts around, Mercian, that's why. I was surprised by the extent of heroin addiction in Lewes district when I started a job that brought me into contact with them.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 2:07pm Mercian wrote:
Rural areas seem to have more of a problem than urban ones, ACT. The Cotswolds and Herefordshire (which I know well) have more heroin addicts per head than Birmingham or Coventry. I presume if you live in a city you are more likely to get into party drugs, which are less likely to lead to addiction - although having said that B&H has a huge issue with heroin, I think.
You're right, though, in that people confuse the problems caused by prohibition with the problems caused by the drug itself.
On 24 Apr 2012 at 4:54pm Woody wrote:
At a guess, I would say boredom is a big reason people take drugs. In rural areas there is very little to do for a lonely teen. In the cities there are plenty of cultrual distractions to get involved in and contribute to.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 10:29pm Pope wrote:
How hypocritical of the government to allow the sale of cigarettes with smoking can kill printed on the side and yet ban drugs. It's obviously the revenue in taxes they get from it. I agree with Cliffite and the Voice that if it was legal the dealers would be out of a job.

On 24 Apr 2012 at 11:33pm Dave wrote:
Wakey wakey, Alchohol kills way more than all the other drugs put together.
It's easily taxed, that's the difference.

How can anyone complain about illegal drugs knowing that?

We are all hypocrites

On 25 Apr 2012 at 7:59am myself wrote:
It's also amuses me that people call cannabis the gateway drug, when in reality by far the biggest majority of people smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol first.

On 25 Apr 2012 at 2:32pm Clifford wrote:
myself: You're right of course. But it's also partly because drugs are illegal - to get cannabis you have to have contact with the dealers who are also making their living selling other illegal things.
On 26 Apr 2012 at 9:10pm paddy_h wrote:
you never know until you've tried it

On 26 Apr 2012 at 9:32pm scooter_derek_ wrote:
One love. Keep smoking the green. Peace.

On 26 Apr 2012 at 9:36pm grumpy_nonce wrote:
preposturos. this makes me feel ill. i hate this 'green'.. and i completely disagree with this. and everything in the whole world.

On 27 Apr 2012 at 4:43pm Spoden wrote:
I don't think smoking weed is good for your mental health but I still think it should be legalised.

On 27 Apr 2012 at 5:27pm scooter_derek_ wrote:
yes spoden, legalise the green

On 27 Apr 2012 at 5:55pm Anti-Vegetarian Movement wrote:
We at the Anti-Vegetarian Movement suggest legalising "da herb".
"Eating greens is wrong, but smoking them is right on"

On 27 Apr 2012 at 6:04pm bastian wrote:
I'm bored of this we ahve this conversation several times over..let's agree to disagree. The impact on peoples lives from the dealing of drugs is not small, and people who live near dealers are fed up of the whole thing.
Britain lacks re-hab units for those who need treatment and they can't afford the Priory like amy wineglass.

On 30 Apr 2012 at 12:54pm Ed Can Do wrote:
To be fair, it didn't really help her much.

On 30 Apr 2012 at 10:22pm mary wrote:
peaople need to chill out i reckon on the marijuana front that is, weed is not a drug, its a flower so the dealers aren't even dealers really there florists.

On 3 May 2012 at 12:29am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
So Opium poppies are not drugs just pretty flowers, wake up and smell the Roses!!!!

3 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:143
Ann of Cleves

I hope my red right hand will be ok;) more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine