Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Drug injecting at Court Road public toilets

On 7 Mar 2017 at 8:46pm Soc wrote:
It is our own fault. We try to hide drug use and pretend it isn't happening in our lovely town. I am sure those addicted to injecting drugs would rather not do it in those horrible toilets, but we don't provide safe houses or decent treatment programs (from what I have heard).
I am not some left wing do gooder, I used to be a banker. I just don't think it is fair to brand someone as scum and judge their actions when we do nothing to help them out of their situation.
Pull yourself up doesn't always work, sometimes people need a bit of help. Proper help, not a pound in a hat.
On 7 Mar 2017 at 8:57pm transition town wrote:
Couldn't you post that in the other thread rather then starting a new one?
On 7 Mar 2017 at 8:59pm Divided nation wrote:
The story on radio 4 news yesterday and today about heroine addiction makes for compelling listening.

On 7 Mar 2017 at 11:02pm Divided nation wrote:
@ T i T. Other thread corrupted.
On 7 Mar 2017 at 11:24pm Soc wrote:
I did post it on the existing thread using the same subject...
"Transition Town was very quick to judge that it was my fault. They reinforced my comment, but I did think it would come from, "Tory right winger", not someone whom claims to be progressive.
No chance for people that don't communicate to, "normal standards" as dictated by, "Transition Town."
Transition Town is part of the problem, people want help, but unless they fill in a form in perfect English in the right order, with no errors they cannot apply for help.
If you had to pick a friend, would it be the person that had a problem or the person that would not help the person with the problem?

On 9 Mar 2017 at 10:03am Clifford wrote:
Soc wrote: 'If you had to pick a friend, would it be the person that had a problem or the person that would not help the person with the problem?'

Well, neither. Probably the person who was willing to help another person who had a problem. Though I don't 'pick' my friends on any other basis than that we get on.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

Nearly half the care workers come from abroad, so I don't know what you mean by that comment. As far as going abroad is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa