19:40 Brighton to Seaford - No Driver
19:51 Ore to Haywards Heath - No Driver
19:57 Seaford to Brighton - No Driver
20:28 Seaford to Brighton - No Driver
20:32 Southampton to Brighton - No Driver
21:14 Littlehampton to Haywards Heath - No Driver
21:28 Brighton to London Vic - No Driver
23:04 Brighton to Worthing - No Driver
Six others cancelled due to broken down trains and twelve with less carriages than normal.
On 15 Nov 2016 at 10:04pm Another B and lady wrote:
Yes. Got to London ok this am. No train going to Ore, Hastings or Eastbourne between 6 and 7 this evening. Got the Gatwick Express to BRIGHTON. No train back to Lewes on the board. Ended up taking taxi back to Lewes. (Had to be back by 7.30 to babysit). Thanks Southern. Just added 25 to our trip.
On 15 Nov 2016 at 10:24pm The Greek wrote:
Get Southern to pay for it.
On 15 Nov 2016 at 11:38pm Businessnan wrote:
Very strange B and B. I was on the London Bridge to Eastbourne train due in at Lewes at 18.24, it was 5 mins late, which I believe is when you say no trains were running. Never let the truth spoil a good story.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 12:18am Daredevil wrote:
Other train operators run without guards why can't Southern do the same?
On 16 Nov 2016 at 1:03am Angel wrote:
Businessman - probably B and B landlady was travelling from Victoria. There's only two trains to Lewes from LB and only one leaves between 6 and 7. So I don't think she's lying.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 1:04am Lwes man wrote:
Need to wright to the local m p
On 16 Nov 2016 at 5:50am Bob wrote:
@Daredevil, er Guards not the cause. But Southern tend to keep that quiet.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 7:22am Car driver wrote:
Do wot I do then drive there and back it's cheaper and quicker
On 16 Nov 2016 at 7:41am Another B and B lady wrote:
Yes, we were at Victoria. There were NO trains going east - only west to Littlehampton, Horsham etc. It is often as quick to take a train straight to BRIGHTON and then back to Lewes. However, never found no trains back to Lewes on the board at BRIGHTON before.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 8:43am Wotcha wrote:
@Car Driver ... Where in central London is this cheap car parking of which you speak?
On 16 Nov 2016 at 8:49am Cyclamen wrote:
I commute to Three Bridges from Lewes and was delayed by 25 minutes, in part because of an earlier train getting stranded on platform 5 (the main southbound BML/East/West Coastway line) as there was "no one to dispatch it". The driver had quite an animated conversation with the station staff when they showed up, as no one had told him he'd be dispatching himself. Is this part of the DOO changes? If so it hasn't been well communicated as the station staff told us it had happened with multiple trains on Monday as well. In this case there's no doubt the delays would never have happened with a guard on board...
On 16 Nov 2016 at 8:52am Clifford wrote:
Another B and B lady: e-mail the CEO, tell him what happened, tell him how angry you are, and ask for compensation. Here's the address.

Check it out here »
On 16 Nov 2016 at 8:57am Clifford wrote:
Businessnan wrote: 'Never let the truth spoil a good story.'

Or before you accuse people of lying perhaps you should read the story: does the Gatwick Express go from London Bridge? No, it goes from Vicgtoria. I dread to think how your business functions with your inability to take information in accurately.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 9:00am Lewes man wrote:
People need to wright to your local m.p the trains are a bloody joke
On 16 Nov 2016 at 9:17am Clifford wrote:
The trouble is, Lewes Man, the government are financing Southern to keep the dispute going as a way of breaking the RMT. So writing to the Tory MP is hardly going to have any impact. Fortunately more and more people are seeing through the government's endless tricks and passenger support for the Southern workers is strong.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 10:05am Andymac wrote:
One of life's little ironies - among the jobs posted today on this website is one from GTR for a Driver Manager based in Brighton.....
On 16 Nov 2016 at 10:42am Andymac wrote:
Just out of curiosity Clifford, do you have any recent objective evidence to back up your assertion that "more and more people are seeing through the government's endless tricks and passenger support for the Southern workers is strong."? Or are you just saying it because it reflects your own prejudices? Any passengers I speak to on this have got to the 'a plague on both their houses' stage, which I accept is not a very scientific analysis, but is pretty consistent.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 10:58am Bob wrote:
@Clifford - I send the CEO an email with a screenshot every time my train is delayed by more than 10 minutes. This morning I sent my 310th successive email.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 1:24pm Clifford wrote:
AndyMac, Yes purely based on my own prejudices (or point of view, as we say - what a strangely subjective word you use) and anecdotal evidence, like you. What do you think of the suggestion that the government is encouraging a continuation of the dispute in the hope of breaking the RMT?
On 16 Nov 2016 at 2:01pm Andymac wrote:
OK, Clifford, thanks for clearing that up. You'll forgive me if I treat any future assertions of insight into the opinions of others with a degree of scepticism.
I think what's happening on Southern is a good old fashioned power struggle. An incompetent management is trying to assert its authority to run the railway as they see fit, with an eye to the bottom line. A greedy and selfish union is trying to retain its ability to bring the trains grinding to a halt when they don't get what they want. Neither side emerges from the current battle with much credit as far as I'm concerned. If the DoT is engaged, then they would naturally do so on the side of the management team - I'm sure they wish they had a better horse to back, but nonetheless it is their horse. And i really don't think it's all a government conspiracy to 'break the RMT' (you Corbynistas do love your conspiracies), it's just an old fashioned union / management fight. The sainted Jeremy and whatever parts of the Labour party he still controls have weighed in quite happily on the side of the union - why is it so surprising that the Tories should back the management?
On 16 Nov 2016 at 2:18pm Local lady wrote:
A good article in Private Eye a while back made clear the involvement of the Government. I'm a full-on Tory, so no Corbynesque theories from me. Just a concerted effort to rid the Unions of old-fashioned power to through their mis-placed weight around. About time too.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 3:03pm DFL wrote:
@Lewes Man - you're not getting any reply to your 2 posts because no-one can understand what you mean when you say people need to 'wright' to their local MP. Nobody knows what 'wright' means.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 3:05pm DFL wrote:
@Bob
I bet the CEO really looks forward to your emails.
On 16 Nov 2016 at 3:11pm Bob wrote:
@DFL, yes, there is a risk that they get deleted straight away but I mix it up a bit (copy to various MPs, BBC etc and try and include a humourous headline each time). I did ask for Angie Doll's email address but she doesn't even acknowledge what I send her - I think her title is Customer Services Director!
On 16 Nov 2016 at 6:27pm Car driver wrote:
Parking free on every building site I work on
On 16 Nov 2016 at 8:29pm Tom Pain wrote:
That's good to know,car driver hope your luck holds out and don't forget to keep us posted!
On 17 Nov 2016 at 4:54pm Jeff wrote:
@Bob You should copy it to Maria Caulfield that will get it sorted in a thrice - guffaw!
On 19 Nov 2016 at 3:30pm Clifford wrote:
Andymac wrote: 'And i really don't think it's all a government conspiracy to 'break the RMT'...'

Perhaps you should read more widely and then your prejudices (sorry, opinions) might be factually based. See Local Lady below. I disagree with her but at least she keeps up with the available information.

On 25 Nov 2016 at 1:52am bob wrote:
on a train,(Newhaven/Seaford) delayed because of Shortage of staff there were six guards standing together, I took a photo and I emailed www.southernrailway.com an attachment titled; `Found them`
I thought it was funny

On 10 Jan 2017 at 6:22pm Rebus wrote:
It's a pity the Japanese weren't running our rail system.

6 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Burning Crosses 16:132
Burning Crosses

Bless you my son even if you have been sampling the communion wine in copious amounts. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine