Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Domestic

On 9 Aug 2014 at 8:51am Mark wrote:
Good morning. I would love to know more about the history of my home... who lived in it in times gone by.... changes that have been made to it ...etc...etc... My sister (who is as daft as a brush!) said to Google "1891 Census" but that didn't get me anywhere useful. Has anyone any useful advice for me???
On 9 Aug 2014 at 9:34am Resident of The Colony wrote:
Advice ? don`t dis your sis . Try the Sussex record office and Sussex Archaeological society - both near the Castle . I`ve got a book somewhere ( Readers Digest ) about the history of the home - I`ll see if I can find it .... Google Laughton Colony and you`ll find me

On 9 Aug 2014 at 9:56am bastian wrote:
Go to the local section of the Lewes library where they have a copy of Kelly's from the 1800's that tells you exactly who lived inyour house going back over generations.
On 9 Aug 2014 at 10:28am Smug wrote:
In know mine was easy , it's a new build , always lived in it , simples
On 9 Aug 2014 at 1:31pm xplorer1 wrote:
The Lewes History Group has a project called Street Stories, helping groups of people research their street histories. See the link below, and get in touch if it sounds like something you'd like to be involved with.

Check it out here »

On 9 Aug 2014 at 4:48pm Amon wildes wrote:
The county records office has moved from The Maltings, behind the Castle. All records are now in The Keep, newly opened by the Queen, at Falmer. They will be very helpful.

On 9 Aug 2014 at 5:58pm Resident wrote:
Thanks Amon - haven`t been there for ages

On 9 Aug 2014 at 6:39pm lewes born and bred wrote:
Are you on facebook ? There's a page called Lewes past on there and ive found about 6 people who've lived in my house, plus a couple of other houses in lewes i lived in.

On 19 Sep 2014 at 7:35pm Marko wrote:
Functionality, convenience and design are among undeniable features of their furniture. Their units offer full functionality and give you lots of space to use.

Check it out here »

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Closet and Botts 29:132
Closet and Botts

Ugh, you give TP an inch and he takes a mile with eugenics and other wackadoodle stuff. I do sense though that the power is... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina