Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Dogs looking for new forever home

On 13 Dec 2015 at 3:32pm Annmarie wrote:
Sadly due to lack of time for training I am looking to re home my little dogs. I rescued them from brighton in June 2014 they we're put on Facebook. They were in a very bad condition, they hadn't been groomed, vaccinated and were under weight. They are both registered with the healthy pet club at pet doctors in lewes. They are very anxious dogs and would suit a home with no children. There perfect home would be with an older couple, they do like short walks but also like to sleep a lot. They are very worried around men and have been seeing a local dog behaviourist but sadly they have again tried to bite my husband and a workman. If you live in lewes or know someone locally who would be interested in re homing them please get in contact. Local dogs homes won't take due to the behavioural problems. I would like them to stay local and full home checks will be done.

On 14 Dec 2015 at 10:11am rescue dog owner wrote:
Trying to rehome dogs that bite is going to be difficult and only going to cause more anguish for the dogs, there are hundreds of well-behaved dogs looking for homes. Without sounding callous, should you not be responsible and keep them and make time for training?

On 14 Dec 2015 at 1:28pm savvylady wrote:
Would recommend Raystede Animal Centre. They are used to dealing with very troubled dogs and take the greatest care of them. Hopefully once they are rehabilitated they will find a lovely home.

On 14 Dec 2015 at 8:59pm Annmarie wrote:
Thank you for comments Raystead won't take them due to them biting, I am going to try training for a few more months to see if they improve it hasn't worked so far but will keep trying thank you
On 14 Dec 2015 at 10:35pm Cliffe wrote:
I'd like to take them from 23/12 until about 7/1. As they always say, a dog is for Christmas... No hang on a minute...
On 15 Dec 2015 at 9:17am rescue dog owner wrote:
I think you are doing the right thing annemarie.....luckily they are small dogs and can be easy contained if you have guests. Try a puppy pen or dog cage..they look so sweet and have probably had a tough life so far...

On 16 Dec 2015 at 6:11pm Mark wrote:
I vote for sticking by them Annmarie. I'd like to think that they'll mellow with age and good conditions in a loving home. Your husband will get used to being bitten now and again, I'd imagine in the meantime. It might be character-building for him - teach him valuable lessons about the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune". Good luck.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

Hello. I was also recently looking for the perfect place for a photo shoot. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell